Exposure

Last Time:

"Of course." Cache said and watched Severus's robes billow as he walked away. what was Severus going to do? As he pondered that question he looked at the transfigured quill still in his hand and got an idea of his own ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Neville smiled as he spotted Cache holding a twig of mistletoe outside the Great Hall, "Hey, Cache. Why do you have mistletoe with you?"

"Just answering a question." Cache said with a smile as he turned the mistletoe twig back into a quill and put it away, but said nothing more as Dumbledore flounced in seeming happy about something.

"I see." Neville said cheerily as he internally glared at the headmaster. He could see the same glee coming from the headmaster and it unnerved him. "Where's Professor Snape? It seems strange that he's not here." Neville commented casually though that concerned him too.

Cache smiled putting his friend's nerves at ease, "He had an errand to run. I'm filling in for- ... I mean we are filling in for him." Cache corrected with a chuckle as the kneazles mewed for his attention.

"It's the weekend. What could you possibly need to do?" Hermione huffed as she came up to them. She flinched a little as the kneazles growled lightly to keep her from getting too close.

"Well there's the brewing potions to stock up the infirmary, which Severus said is normally done over the weekend. There's the tutoring hours in the afternoon for students who'd like to ask questions and, of course, doing inventory to make sure we have everything for this week's classes which includes replacing any damaged equipment. Then finishing grading those essays and prepare a schedule for the week's lectures." Cache answered surprising everyone within ear . Like himself they had no idea what went into the teaching routine and it was more than they expected. Saturday was the only day Severus was completely free and even that ends up being filled with meetings like the one with Mr. Weasley.

"Wow ... never thought about it." Neville pondered impressed at the amount there was to do. If you didn't love teaching, which Severus didn't, it would suck to have to do all that and put up with brats all day.

Hermione seemed a little stunned, but then huffed, "Maybe you shouldn't laze around chatting then." She said a little less harsh compared to the usual tone and stalked away.

"That almost seemed ... less nasty." Neville said as with frown still not happy that the witch hasn't gained any sense yet.

Cache frowned doubtfully, "Perhaps ... see you later, Nev." Cache said knowing Neville will be at the tutoring hours later. As he passed Draco and Blaise he leaned towards Draco, "If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask." He whispered in Draco's ear noticing the Malfoy's breath hitch as a light blush formed on his cheeks. Cache smiled and continued to his seat at the staff table.

"Maybe you should." Blaise smirked and nudged Draco teasingly earning a glare, which he ignored as Ginny sat down near them. "You knew." He said both amused and accusingly.

"Knew what?" Ginny asked the picture of innocence.

"You know what." Blaise said with a smirk, "The muggle mistletoe curse .. no one would forget such a brilliant way of breaking a curse."

Ginny simply blinked innocently, "I don't know what you mean ... did Cache say what it was?" She asked and mentally smirked as Draco blushed. However, Blaise didn't seem convinced of her innocence.

Once everyone has seated Dumbledore, despite being curious as to where Severus and Minerva were, stood up to give the announcements, "Due to the weather flying lessons will be canceled today-"