Snake's Mark

Last Time:

Severus felt his body turn cold as he shut his eyes to keep from accidently seeing the deadly gaze. He feared it was too late for Harry ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Lucius sat at his desk as he read his first muggle newspaper, "Dumbledore you fool." He said with a smirk. This information would bury the self proclaimed lord of the light and nothing could help him. The sound of wings made him look up and he saw a pretty brown owl he first knew as Ami until he discovered her owner's real identity, which in turn revealed her real name as Hedwig. "Hello girl, what do you have for me?"

The owl leaned over a little so he could take the letter. What the message revealed made his entire body sag in pure relief. Harry took it upon himself to tell him that the final horcrux was found and explained what was to be expected at ten o'clock. The worst chapter in their lives was finally over and Harry was responsible for it.

"I may never be able to repay him." Lucius chuckled as his fingers laced around a small notch of wood hanging from a gold chain around his neck. That little notch was all that was left of his old staff. It was also the piece with the tracker on it. He was a skilled wizard in his own right so while he can't move the tracker he can use the spell to reveal it and use an accurate cutting spell to whittle down the staff. The rest of the staff went up in flames.

Narcissa came into the study just as Lucius sent an owl with the muggle newspaper to his friend in the Daily Prophet, "Found some more informa-" Narcissa was silenced when her husband came over and pulled her into a that was more passionate than any kiss in years. "Oh my, good news I take it." She smiled and leaned into her husband's embrace.

"Very good." Lucius said feeling freer than he has in a long time. Once Voldemort was truly dealt with he decided to do something he would never do with the mark on his arm. If the mark disappeared tonight he fully intended to start ratting out the bastards who were imprisoning him and his family through the trackers. They will all pay for hurting his family ...

XXXXXXXXXX

The sounds of all the goblins using special spells to blind and deafen the basilisk were all Severus could hear was his heart beating rapidly. He was in a heartbroken daze and it was so bad that he was vaguely aware of the team of goblins transporting the massive serpent away and ghost away. The temptation to seal his eyes shut was so very strong. He just didn't want to see Harry laying lifeless on the ground ...

"Severus!" The potion master finally opened his eyes and looked at Trocar who was cradling Harry in his arms. "Get your bag out already! He needs help!"

Severus swallowed, or tried to with the knot constricting his throat, "He looked in its eyes." He said in a pained tone as if it was all over. Another light in his life was gone ...

Trocar glared, "He's breathing so move it!"

"... what?" Severus blinked in disbelief and stood there staring blankly unable to comprehend what was said, "If you're lying I swear I'll apparate you straight the sun you fucking vampire." Severus growled as he ran over to Harry, but his threat was empty for Harry was indeed breathing. The young wizard was stable in all ways except his eyes were developing bruises. "Thank merlin ... we need to get him back to my office. Where did the goblins go?" He asked while pulling out a pain killing potion and carefully pouring it into Harry's mouth.

Trocar rolled his eyes, "You really are useless when you think someone died. The goblins left with the basilisk and the petrified ghost after checking Har-Cache's vitals. Where'd you go?"

Severus's cheeks flushed lightly in embarrassment as he realized he let himself so consumed by dread that he missed that part of the conversation, "Nowhere. Now hurry up."