Pest Control

Last Time:

The only relief the wizard felt was when the goblins, who'd at least keep him alive, showed up, but that was short lived for the goblins just sneered, "First come, first serve." The goblin offered politely and the wizard paled as the creatures closed in on him ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Several hours passed as the ministry went through the entire lockdown process. It took so long that people had to transfigure their desks into beds for a rest. To be precise, it wasn't the process of removing the potions that took so long, but actually the process of finding everyone still in the field and making them come in. Also going through each person who was potioned and figuring out what each specific potion was doing to them.

Dumbledore had nothing to do with most of it, but at the same time it may have been all his fault. Most of the potionings were like Arthur's case meaning it was a spouse or family member who did it, but in the end if Dumbledore hadn't dumbed down Cornelius, these things may not have gone unnoticed. So much had to be unraveled before the ministry could go back to functioning like it should.

Arthur glanced up after changing his bed back into a desk and saw a goblin talking to an amazingly different Minister who was freed from the potions that kept him under control. It was such a personality difference that there that it almost made a physical change and this new stronger and confident Fudge was taking control of everything. The bag he handed over to the goblins was only the start.

Afterwards, Lucius Malfoy said something to the minister and they went into the office for awhile, while Arthur found it curious, he was too busy jotting down the letters he'd send to his eldest kids informing them of what was going to change in their family to care ...

Cornelius Fudge suddenly came out of his office, stood on a desk and placed his wand at his throat to amplify his voice,"Starting today, Gringotts is working with us and it is now mandatory for all ministry workers to go in to have a potion scan. This takes effect now. Please hang tight until the last people that need the exams are finished or mental evaluations are complete . There is some great news though! It seems Gringotts has found Albus Dumbledore-" he waited for the cheers to go down before continuing, "Dumbledore has been attacked it seems. The goblins who found him said it was most likely some creature who held a grudge, but there's no way to know for sure. He is at St. Mungo's Janus Thickey Ward in a medically induced coma. His trial will start when he wakes up, but despite the goblins having rights to his trial they are going to allow the ministry to put their two knuts in so be ready if you're called to say something. Also, Arthur Weasley!"

"Right here, sir!" A startled Arthur exclaimed as he stood up.

Cornelius motioned for him to follow him and they went to his office where a goblin and Lucius Malfoy were seated, "I'm going to need you to remain calm, Arthur."

Arthur looked confused and a nervous chill began twisting in his gut, but he nodded, "Yes, sir."

The minister seemed to take a second to analyze Arthur silently before carefully wording his next statement, "Lucius Malfoy just admitted to me what was really going on with his family back when Voldemort was around and what has been happening after. Apparently, despite being dark, they didn't side with Voldemort ... at least, not willingly. He says he can't tell the entire story due to a vow, but for reasons that vow protects he feels it's safe enough to talk about the Death Eaters he knows of. One of them he mentioned worries me ... you mentioned Scabbers a number of times. Tell me, how old is Scabbers and what features does he have?"

"Errr ... features?" Arthur blinked at the strange wording pertaining to his family's pet rat, but was happy that at least Lucius was confused too, "He's missing a toe and is about-..." Arthur looked stunned for a second, "Umm ... he is ... we had him for eleven years ..." Arthur answered in disbelief and started realizing something wasn't right for even a magical rat shouldn't live that long.