To the Hunt!

Last Time:

A place filled with vampires was now exposed to the sun and injured vampires are very dangerous on its own, but his cub was inside ... and bleeding ...

XXXXXXXXXX

The goblins in charge of the Prince and Potter vaults continued asking question after question of Minerva to get every detail they could, "Thank you, Ms. McGonagall, for all your help and for supplying us with a pensieve of your memories. We will press charges immediately." Griphook said as he took a few notes and signed the parchment next to his fellow goblin's name.

"But how? I told you I think the minister is potioned too! The charges can't stick!" Minerva exclaimed only calming down because Severus shot her a look that told her to listen.

"The charges will be filed through the goblin courts not the human ministry. Albus Dumbledore will be arrested and punished by us. We will also alert the ministry and they will start a protocol to test and remove the potions they may have in their systems including the minister." Griphook said with an eager sneer.

Minerva relaxed a little knowing that the goblins wouldn't let him escape, "Very well, but what about Harry Potter? Someone needs to get him out of Dumbledore's grasp! ... what?" She asked when she noticed Griphook cast an urgent glance at the potion master.

"She hasn't seen the paper today." Severus said trying to reassure the goblin, who was no doubt concerned about his client, but without revealing that he knew where Harry was. Griphook relaxed.

"I see." The Gringotts goblin in charge of the Prince vaults, Ironclaw, said before handing Minerva a copy of today's newspaper.

As she read through the article on the front page Minerva paled, "Oh, dear Merlin! Harry ran away?! He was abused?! ... He nearly died?!" She exclaimed in horror. However, now that her mind is free to think without a potion holding it back she immediately zeroed in on Severus. "We get the paper at the same time at Hogwarts so how did you know about this?"

Severus already expected this question and was ready, "Lucius has someone in the Daily Prophet. His friend passed the news along and Lucius sent it straight to me knowing I'd be interested." He replied calmly.

"No ... you know something about Harry, don't you? Otherwise, why aren't you hunting down Lily's child right now?" The transfiguration professor snapped tired of not being able to do anything. "I refuse to believe that you hate James so much that you'd ignore Harry after this!" She yelled and slammed the paper down on the table.

"Minerva, I haven't seen Harry and remember I was under a potion too until recently. Bedsides, I can't go looking until Dumbledore is behind bars. I won't risk the old fool getting his hands on Harry." Severus said only feeling a little guilty at lying to someone he respected and saw as a dear friend, but Harry was more important right now. Minerva would understand when she learns the truth, but only when Harry wants to reveal it and not before.

"How did you learn that you were under in the first place?" Minerva asked, feeling like something could be hidden there. What secret is Severus hiding?

"Cache had an interest in loyalty potions. I tried to test the diagnosis potion and discovered that I did have a loyalty potion in me. Cache made the counter and forced me to take it with the help of his neighbors." Severus said, but could tell that the sharp witch wasn't fully convinced. However, neither of them had a chance to say anymore because a slip of charmed paper fluttered into the room and into Ironclaw's clawed hands.

"It seems there was an attack on your residence, Lord Prince. We already flooed some emergency supplies over there." The goblin for the Prince vaults said after reading the note.