Chapter 3

I took slow steps to the living room. I was honestly not ready to talk, but I know I have to. I slowly peeked into the living room. Steve noticed me. Natasha looked bored.

"What are we doing here Steve? Bruce wants to see us. The rest of the Avengers are waiting. This isn't even your apartment. And what about that woman we saw? Are we not going to talk about that?" She exclaimed. She was sitting on the couch facing Steve. Her back was to me.

"Here were so I can introduce you to my best friend." Steve smiled. Natasha gave him a look of fake hurt.

"Rogers, I am hurt. We've been through so much and I'm still not a friend?" She smirked. Steve shook his head with a small smile.

"We're friends Nat. Remember that girl I was taking about when we talked about... me not kissing someone since 1945..." he looked down with a slight blush. I struggled not to laugh. Natasha's eyes widened and a smile formed.

"You actually meant it? Was she the one you kissed?" She asked Steve. Steve shook his head quickly.

"No, no! She's my best friend!" He quickly denied. I felt something in my stomach when he said that, but I ignored it. I walked in the living room. Natasha turned. Her eyes widened. She watched my every move until I was seated across from the two on my chair. Natasha looked back and forth between Steve and I.

"It makes sense." She nodded as she relaxed back into the couch again. Steve and I looked at each other, confused. Why is she so calm?

"What make sense?" Steve asked with a raised eyebrow. Natasha looked at him.

"Your Captain America. After you were given the serum, your life has never been normal. I actually thought you found a nice, pretty, sweet, girl with a normal life." She started. I felt a little offended. I'm nice and sweet! I like to think I'm pretty!  "But instead, you found a hot, badass, vigilante who doesn't have a normal life. I guess Mr. Golden Boy needs a little bad."

"Again Nat, she just a friend..." Steve looked down with a slight blush. He was never that good with women, he's still learning. I smirked at Natasha.

I like her.

I do too.

"Dawn said she likes you, I guess I like you too." I smirked at her. She smirked back. "The names Hailey, I already know who you are. Steve has given me a fair share of stories about you two."

"Steve is a old fellow, he likes telling stories." She smirked. I laughed and she joined. Steve's blush went away and now looked annoyed.

"Great. Now I have to deal with you to together." He mumbled. We just laughed. But Natasha soon looked at me confused.

"Dawn... is that the...?" She started. I nodded. She looked at me interestingly.

"Come say hi Dawn." I smirked. Dawn surrounded me. I was now sitting a lot higher than I was. Natasha stared with awe.

"So you have control, unlike Banner." She studied Dawn.

"We work together. I help her, she helps me. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her. If we were to separate, we both would slowly die." Dawn told them. We never told Steve that before. We just told him how we met. Natasha tilted her head. Dawn slowly retreated. I was now sitting at my normal height. Steve's eyes widened.

"You never told me you could die!" He said worriedly. I glanced at him.

"Only when we're separated for a while. And that won't happen." I reassured. Steve looked at me with disbelief.

"Look what happened last night after you said that." He smirked. I scoffed.

"Hey! I was... okay maybe I wasn't being fully aware during that time, but I don't feel like dying anytime soon." I crossed my legs. He rolled his eyes. Natasha had a knowing smirk on her face. I gave her a confused look. She just shook her head.