Chapter 16

I slowly gained consciousness. I squeezed my eyes tightly before opening them. I felt a cold, hard surface beneath me. I slowly started to sit up.

"I wasn't sure you would wake up." Ultron's voice spoke. I followed his voice and noticed him standing a few feet away. I gulped as I noticed the robots walking around and being built. I grabbed my head. I winced as I mouth. I reached up to me face and winced as I touched my cheek. Ultron hit me... memories flooding my head.

"I hoped you would, I wanted to show you. I don't... have anyone else." He spoke sadly as he messed with some parts. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly. I don't know what to say, or do. There no way I can get out of here. I don't even know where here is. "I think a lot about meteors. The purity in them. Boom, the end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild. I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful." Ultron looked to the ceiling, like he was thinking of a beautiful thing.

"The world would have looked to the sky and seen Hope, seen mercy. Instead, they'll look up in horror because of you." He started walking heavily towards me. My eyes widened and I started to back away. Fear rising in me as I watched his anger filled figure walked toward me. "You've wounded me. I give you full marks for that. But, like the man said, what doesn't kill me..." Ultron's face is destroyed and I exclaimed in fear and back away beside some crates. A new Robot Body stood in front of me. Still looked exactly like Ultron, just without the scrapes and broken parts from our destruction. "Makes you stronger." He closes the cell like door and locks it. He starts to walk away. I sat back, more relaxed. I panted as the fear and adrenaline started to calm. The pain started to appear more and more in my head. I leaned back as I thought of Steve and the Avengers. They'll be here soon.

We have to get out of here.

I know that, Dawn.

Then start looking. Who knows how long we have. I can't wait to see this bastard go down.

I nodded as I started to looked around the crates and boxes.

~

I didn't find anything I could use. I don't know how to make anything like a radio. How are they supposed to find us?

Maybe I can go find them?

What?! What if we die?! When we're apart, we begin to die, remember?!

But we won't instantly. 3 maybe 4 hours for your body to completely shut down. I'll be back by then. If I didn't think we would make it, I would suggest it. You gotta trust me.

...

You can trust me, Hailey. You are my best friend. There's no way in hell I'll let you die. Okay?

... okay. But if you think you can't make it, come straight back.

Yep, don't worry. I'll be back before you know it. It might be painful... is that okay?

I can handle it. Just make sure they know where we are. Make sure you know where we are.

Yes ma'am. Don't let him know I'm gone.

I felt down slowly come out of me. I groaned slightly as she completely left me. Her dark purple body slithered across the floor and up the wall. I watched as she crawled through the bars about out of the cell. I felt so... empty. It felt weird to stand, so I sat down slowly. My body becoming so much lighter.

Please be fast.

~

Dawn's POV

After about 10 minutes, I found my way out. I was starting to get a little weak, but I can keep going. I just need a host. I looked around and noticed we were underground. I looked at the city and found a little boy... it would've easier if I was a kid... but that would be mean. I slithered over to the boy. Aw what the hell! I gotta get going. The boy screamed when he saw me. I attached to his leg before he could run.

I connected with him. I controlled him as we walked into the city.

~

I found a payphone just a few minutes away, which was covered in graffiti. We ran to it. I checked the boys pockets for a quarter. None. I looked around. I ran to a woman. She looked down at us. I gave her puppy eyes.

"Aw! Sweetie! Are you lost!?" She exclaimed worriedly. I shook my head.

"I-I just need t-to call my m-mommy. My house is to f-far." I sniffled and wiped my nose. She looked over to the payphone. She dug in her purse and pulled out a quarter.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" She asked. I shook my head.

"That's okay, t-thank you ma'am." I sniffled as I smiled softly up at her. She nodded.

"Stay safe, just don't talk to anymore strangers." She smiled with a nod. I nodded and ran to the payphone. I quickly put the quarter in and dialled the first... and only number I remember. After a few to rings, he answered.

"Hello?" Steve spoke into the phone. I sighed in relief.

"Steve, it's Dawn." I told him. I heard a few other voices in the background.

"Dawn?! Where's Hailey!? Is she okay?!" Steve asked worriedly.

"Ultron still has her. We had to separate in order from us to get a hold of one of you. She's underground of the city. Ultron is building more robots." I started to feel the boys body start to change. I have to get out of here so I don't kill him. "I have to go. Can Tiny Tin like, track this or something?"

I heard the phone muffle as I heard Steve struggling.

"Listen here you little shit—." Tony spoke, but there was more muffling. I laughed out loud. So much anger in such a tiny body.

"Tony! Can you or can you not track her?"

"What do you guys think I am? I can do this eyes closed." I heard the billionaire remark. There was a moment of silence.

"We got you" Steve finally spoke.

"Okay, gotta go! Being in this kid is making me kill him!"

"What—." The payphone ended. I hung up and ran back to the place I found him.

~

Hailey's POV

I curled up into a ball as I coughed. I looked at my hands and notice blood. Hours? How am I supposed to last that long? It's been an hour and I'm already too weak to sit up. I felt like my insides are like mush. I held onto my stomach as I felt tired. I laid in the corner, praying for Dawn to return soon. I almost cried in relief when I notice a familiar blob coming towards me. I smiled softly and reached my hand out. She made her way to my arm. We connected and she disappeared in me again. I suddenly felt so much better.

"Oh thank god..." I whispered as I felt the pain subside a bit.

I guess I miss calculated that... sorry Hailey.

It's okay... you're here now.

I guess staying with you for a whole 2 years definitely did a number on you.

You didn't feel any pain?

I found another host pretty quick, it helped the pain immensely. If I didn't, I would have probably been like you.

Let's just stay together from now on, okay?

Good idea. I called the others and Stark tracked the call. They should be here soon.

Good... now we just have to wait.

I laid on the cold floor as I watched the robots walked around. I felt my eyes begin to get heavy.

Sleep. I'll stay up.

Don't have to tell me twice.