Chapter 5

Yuri's POV:

"Honestly you two, what's more important, a silly fight you don't even remember how it started or how much you love each other?" I ran my hand along the wall as I rounded the corner into the livingroom of Monika and Sayori's house. Natsuki gasps behind me. I had been so hopeful for a fraction of a minute.
"Who turned on their home videos?" Natsuki questioned from behind me. I shake my head walking over to sit on the couch.
   "No idea, we were upstairs..." I murmured softly.

"Do you think it's them...like trying to talk to us?" Natsuki's voice is uncharacteristically small and sad. I turn to look at her, her expression is pained and tearful.

"Suki?" I whisper and she begins to cry.
"Y-you haven't called me that in days...." she's hiccuping and shaking and I feel so awful. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you  about the nightmares...I'm sorry, I just didn't  want to make you...comfort me I don't deserve it ..." she sobbed and I  know now what she was dreaming about.

"Oh Natsuki," I stand quickly and wrap her in my arms, she sniffs melting into my embrace.
"It's all my fault, why didn't I say yes...Sayoris last thought was how much she hates me!" She sobbed harder and I pulled her closer as the screen flickered.

  "You guys are my best friends I'll always love you no matter what, now stop fighting and come eat hotdogs. " Sayori waves at the camera urging myself and Natsuki to follow.

   "See Sayori could never hate anyone, not even her father." I try my best to comfort my distraught wife and suddenly she pulls from my embrace starting for the stairs.

   "I'm going to go take down the crib. " she whispers and I sigh, there she goes deflecting again.  I sighed just letting her go.

............................................................................

   "You came back!" Benny wrapped his arms around my legs the minute we stepped into our home. I knelt picking him up into my arms as he clung to me, burying his little face into my neck. "You didn't go, you came back." He muttered against my neck.

   "Oh Benny,  I'm sorry we are so late, we had a lot of packing to do." I reassured him gently as I sway with him back and fourth. "I'm here darling boy,  I'm right here." I soothe and Kayte approaches me apologetically.

  "I'm sorry the boys just wouldn't go to sleep without making sure you got home." She apologized and Natsuki smiled wrapping her in a hug.
   "No we get it, hey rascal!" Natsuki maneuvered out of her hug with Kayte and  scooped Denny up and twirled around with him. I smiled it was moments like these that made me fall in love with her all over again.

  "Hey Nats." Natsuki's dad pecked her cheek and gave her a brief hug as he emerged from the kitchen carrying little Rosie. I guess since he married Kayte two years ago they were technically his grandkids too. "Nikole had a last minute client so , Kayte called me over." He explained quickly and Natsuki nodded bouncing Denny on her hip. 

  "Thank you Dexter," I smiled slightly at him, I was still uncomfortable around him especially after what he did to Natsuki. Natsuki was friendly towards him, but didn't really give him the time of day otherwise.

  "Bedtime monkeys." Natsuki  exclaimed kissing Denny's cheek making him giggle, then reached for Benny taking him from my arms before she leaned agaisnt my shoulder and bounced up the stairs. Wow what a incredibly romantic gesture.

   "Naomi fell asleep watching little Witch Academia,  and so Dex took her upstairs and I got her ready for bed." Kayte explained breaking me from my petulant  behavior. All of this was so surreal to me, I was a parent now. Natsuki and I had discussed having kids but we'd never thought we'd get them at such high of a price.

  "Thank you, I appreciate you both, we'll probably unpack the uhaul truck tomorrow,  packing was emotionally draining." I explained and they both nodded. Kayte sniffed biting her lip, something Sayori used to always do.

  "I bet it was...I haven't been to their house since...since Sayori's birthday...her thirty second birthday...." her voice cracks and Dexter wraps her in a gentle hug. "She was so young...I see so much of her in the boys...I just...why hadn't wasn't I here for her? Why didn't I stop by and see her one last time? I didn't even get to tell her how proud I was,  how much I love her...I'd give anything to just hold her hands and tell her I love her..." she whispered brokenly and Dexter rubbed her shoulder kissing her cheek.

  "I think we should go now Kay," he whispered against her ear and suddenly without warning I was engulfed in Sayori's mother's arms, she sobbed into my shoulder,  I was unsurprisingly taller than her.
   "Yuri thank you,  thank God for you, and Natsuki.  I just wanted to let you know how proud of you I am...how grateful of you both. How much I love you." She pulled away tears clinging to her eyelashes and I managed a teary smile.

  "I appreciate you two as well, Thank you both. Drive safely, we all love you." I watched them go. When I shut the door and slid down the length of the door.  Wrapping my arms around my knees I sighed.

"Monika this isn't working they brought a boy!" I exclaim petulantly as MC laughed with Natsuki and Sayori. Monika frowned slightly before she looked back at me intently.
   "So? We're better than some boy, besides just be nice.  If they see you being all pouty they'll never like us." She instructed firmly and I rolled my eyes.
  "Monika I hate this, he's so...such...ugh he's driving me crazy and he's only been here like two days!" I grumbled grabbing the tray of tea.
   "Yuri your jealousy is showing!" Monika teased as MC said something to Sayori about her skipping and I snapped out.
   "She's allowed to miss a meeting from time to time, this isn't communist club."

  "Ri-ri?" Natsuki whispered from a top the stairs and I looked over at her sadly.  She was dressed in her pink lacey nightgown,  her hair is down from it's police bun and she looks breathtaking. "Yuri why aren't you coming to bed?" She whispers and I slowly stand, using the door for support. Natsuki frowns as I fumble across the livingroom  and stumble up the stairs towards her. I hungrily bring my lips to hers and she squeaks softly but then goes to deepen the kiss, but I pull away.

  "That's for your little nudge earlier." I wink sidestepping around her and into our room.
   "Yuri!" Natsuki whines coming into the room as I pull on my oversized t-shirt that I wear as pajamas. I toss my clothes into the hamper just as Natsuki jumps me and topples us over onto the bed. "It's been way too long since we've been ..." I cut her off with a kiss.

  "Welcome to parenthood my love." I tease pulling away and she goes to deepen the kiss, her hand inching my shirt up when a little knock echoes off our door.

  "Auntie Yuwi I scared?" Hearing little Benny's voice Natsuki rolls off of me with a pout and I pad over to the door to let him in.
  "Figures " she grumbles.

To Be Continued...

So I found some inspiration,  it's not very good but I do try