Chapter 7

No one's POV:

    "Hi Naomi!" Peter exclaimed waving at the sad little blonde girl, who was wearing her little witch academia shirt as she sat on the swing staring at her shoes. 
   "Hi Pete," Naomi whispered softly and Peter sat down on the swing next to her with a wide smile, trying to cheer her up he handed her a daisy he had plucked from his dad's garden.

   "I picked you a daisy cause you're as pretty as a flower." He whispered with a smile and Naomi rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand and carefully took the flower in her hands.
   "Thank you Petey...its beautiful..." she sniffed biting her lower lip as she tried not to cry.

  "Not as beautiful as you." Peter smiled and Naomi giggled slightly. Her eyes twinkled as he adjusted his glasses and smiled at her.

  "You're so silly Peter!" She giggled softly as they waited for their rides from school.
    "My dads say that I'm a barrel of laughs, but I don't know what that means...like how do you catch laughs in a barrel?" He murmured looking deeply troubled by this and Naomi giggled again,  Peter always seemed to be able to make her feel better.

    "Peter honey it's time to go." Drake called from his spot next to his husband Arthur. 
   "Can I wait with Naomi till her Aunts come? I don't want to leave her all alone." He whispered taking Naomi's hand and pulling her gently towards his parents.

   "I'm sorry bud, but we have your uncle coming over tonight..." Arthur reasoned and Drake knelt in front of Naomi smiling kindly.
    "Hey Naomi,  I'm sorry for your loss, I know it doesn't mean much but I really am sorry, I um..knew your moms in high school... they sure loved you an awful lot..." Drake stood unsure of what else he should say.  Peter hugged his best friend fiercely and waved goodbye before he climbed into his dad's car with his little sister.

Naomi watched with a heavy heart as they drove away. She'd give anything to have her mommy and mama back. To hear her mommy sing her to sleep or listen to her mama read her poems.

"What's the matter with you?" Rory, a little boy with dark hair and golden eyes questioned. Naomi honestly had a love hate relationship with Rory...lately there was more hate than love but come on the boy was so annoying and negative.

   "I'm just sad." She stated shortly and he scoffed rolling his eyes.
    "So you own any other shirts or what?" He demanded but Naomi refused to wear anything else, because her mama gave her this shirt and everyday she'd spray it with her mommy's perfume and wear it. It was like, in a way, that they were with her, hugging her, holding her.

  "My mama gave me this shirt." She defends herself insistently as she waits expectantly for her aunts.

    "So, doesn't mean you have to wear it all the time!" He exclaimed and Naomi glared at him, why'd he have to be so annoying.
   "My mama is gone Rory,  so is my mommy,  just leave me alone!" She exclaimed bitterly as tears started pooling in her big green eyes. 

   "I'm sorry to hear that Naomi." A kind voice whispered and Naomi sniffed rubbing her eyes as she looked to see her friend, Bernadette Kagari standing next to her.
"I heard my mommies talking about  it when it came on the news."  She whispered,  Bernadette was a year older than her, but always looked out for Naomi. She had beautiful blonde, almost white hair and deep red eyes.

  "Yeah, that's why I missed lots of school last few  weeks." Naomi muttered thinking of how coming back on Monday was hard.

  Since it was Thursday she couldn't wait for the week to be over so she could just mope all through Saturday and Sunday. 

   "I'm sorry Memes, don't worry I'm here for you if you ever need anything. " Bernadette promised kindly.
   "Thanks Dee.." Naomi managed a weak smile. Bernadette gave her a gentle hug, as she glared at Rory over Naomi's head.

  "Its not a problem Memes, " she whispered softly as she gave Rory a warning look. "You better watch your tongue Rory." She warned and he scoffed.

  "Like I'm afraid of you!" He exclaimed and she flashed him a amused look.
   "Yeah? Well you should be!" She growled lowly. "Cause if you ever say anything mean to Naomi again, I'll remove your tongue!" She threatened pushing Naomi behind herself and picking Rory up by his shirt, lifting him off the ground.

  "Bernadette Hannah Kagari, what are you doing?" A blonde woman struts over, her blue eyes bear into her daughter sternly. Bernadette smiled brightly at her mom, her eyes sparkling with a mischievous glint.

  "Hi mom, just telling him to not be mean to my friend. " she exclaimed with a smile that her mother knew she had gotten from her mama.
  "Bernadette put him down!" She ordered and she grumbled dropping him roughly to the ground.

  "Killjoy." She muttered as Rory scampered away to stand by the teacher.
   "Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnmaaaaaa!!!" A breathless voice exclaimed racing over with a wry grin.

  "Mama!" Bernadette jumped into the brunette woman's arms and kissed her cheeks.
   "Bernie! How was school?" She asked bouncing in place with her daughter.
   "I told Rory to stay away from my friend!" She exclaimed proudly.
   "Nice babe," she praised.  Naomi smiled, she really missed her moms.

   "Atsuko Kagari!" The blonde hissed and she smiled. 
   "Yes love of my life?" She grinned innocently and she sighed.

  "You two are intolerable." She whispered rubbing the bridge of her nose bitterly.
   "I'm sorry for getting Bernadette in trouble. " Naomi whispered softly, wringing her hands nervously as she looked at them apologetically.

  "Oh um...hey Naomi no she's not in trouble..." Bernadette's mama exclaimed as tears started spilling down Naomi's little cheeks.
   "Diana you made her cry." She accused and the blonde bristled.
   "I most certainly did not!" She exclaimed before her expression softened. "Naomi I'm very sorry for what happened to your parents.  We are always here if you need anything." She promised and her wife hugged Naomi quickly.

  "I like your shirt kid, also remember don't give up, never stop believing in yourself. " with a wink she turned following her wife and daughter back to the car where their older daughter was waiting.

It made Naomi feel slightly better about her situation,  she had two real friends... if anything.  Though Bernadette's moms reminded her of someone but she couldn't place who...

   "Naomi, hey munchkin let's get you home kiddo" Natsuki exclaimed and Naomi ran to embrace her.

Maybe she would be okay...eventually.  she sniffed burying her face against Natsuki's  stomach.
   "Can we listen to mommy's songs when we get home?" She whimpered and her aunt scooped her up holding her close.
   "Anything you want munchkin. " she promised.

To Be Continued...

Hope you guys liked this chapter, thanks for reading.