Chapter 14

1 week...

I kept the kids on a steady schedule, helped them with getting to school, took the boys to the park constantly. Rosie was getting so big, she called me yuyu and often clung to me, wanting me to be constantly holding her. It was always the same, I'd go tutoring and sometimes the kids would come with me, sometimes and sometimes they'd go with Kayte or Nikole, one time Lila. It depended on how long I'd be tutoring. Someone had to pay the bills.

Then after I picked up Naomi, we'd all pick up dinner and either go home or go visit Natsuki.

Benny always climbed up on her right side and took her casted hand and he'd just talk to her, whisper to her little things.

"Hi auntie Natsuki, it's me Benny. " he whispered today as he patted her hand gently. "Today Auntie Yuwi took us to the pawk, and I slided and swinged." He exclaimed making sound effects with his mouth.

Denny sat on the floor running his car along the tiles. Rosie usually slept or sang to herself various words. Naomi sat in the corner writing poems, then she'd sit up and softly whisper whatever it is she'd written to Natsuki.

2 weeks...

I feel so helpless, Natsuki's outer injuries are healing, the bruises, they're fading. But still she remains still. I want to be with her, but I had responsibilities now...but at night I don't sleep, I just cry. I don't know what I'll do if I lose her. I'm constantly telling the kids that she's going to get better, that she's gonna wake up sooner than soon. But the more I say it the more I start to lose faith that I'll ever hear my wife's voice again.

1 month...

Rosie said Natsuki's name last night, I couldn't believe it, one AM and she wakes up bawling. I rush to her and lift her from her crib and she points at the picture of our literature club and whimpers.
"Nuki" my heart broke because Natsuki may never hear her say it. I had cried and rocked her and told her what I always said.
"I miss her too. I love her too, don't worry angel she'll come back to us. "

I hate myself because at any time fate could take her away from us, just as they so ruthlessly had done before, to Monika and Sayori.

I hate myself because I feel like such a lying failure.

2 months...

Naomi's birthday is coming up, the fifth of March. She's really saddened and I know it's because she wants Natsuki there with her. Or her moms. I'd already had to live through Christmas without my wife, Christmas where Benny asked Santa Claus to bring his mommies back and wake his aunt Natsuki up. He said he didn't want any toys, just his family together again.

I was sinking into the depths of my own despair. This was all wearing down on me, I was sinking deep into my own worst inner thoughts.

2 months five days....

I blew up at my mom, she came over and offered to watch the kids. I was making them dinner. She just kept talking and saying how sorry she was, how Natsuki was going to get better...

"You don't know that! I'm not five years old, her heart is deteriorating, she's going to die mom! Stop trying to help me! I don't want your help!" I sobbed and to make it worse Denny came rushing to me and wrapped his little arms around my legs and held onto me with all his might.

"Its okay Auntie Yuri, it's okay...don't cry...I got you." He promised softly and I dropped to my knees pulling him into my arms as I sobbed into his brown locks.

Naomi's birthday...March 5th...

Naomi is so sad, she looks at me with her big green eyes and looks at her presents dejectedly. She's still wearing her red shirt.
"Thank you for the gifts." She mutters then asks if we can leave her party to go visit Natsuki. It doesn't take me long to agree. My mom offers to take the boys and Nikole Rosie.

So just Naomi, and I went. She holds my hand tightly and we walk into my love's room. Natsuki's still so still, blood is being transferred into her constantly. So many tubes are connected to her fragile frame. Naomi gently let's go of my hand and sits next to my wife, her small hand reaches out and she brushes aside a strand of Natsuki's pink hair.

"Aunt Natsuki I don't know if you can hear me, or if you ever will again. But you're always so tough, that's what I remember and love most about you. So I'm gonna get tough with you." She whispered firmly as she scooted closer to her. "You have to wake up Natsuki, stop being so sleepy. Yuri needs you, we all need you. So you need to get out of this coma and wake up." She whispered then leaned forward kissing her forehead. She then slid off the bed and took my hand.

"Goodbye my love." I whisper before I bend picking the now ten year old into my arms and leave the hospital room.

3 months....

I hummed softly, brushing aside Natsuki's bangs from her forehead.
"I don't know how long you plan to be out like this my heart, but I want you to know that I love you, I will always love you." I sniffed kissing her cheek. I sighed taking her hand. There's a knock at the door and I glare as June walks into the room. Natsuki's mother. A tall woman with amber colored hair stands behind her. She must be Sierra.

"I'm sorry to intrude Yuri," she whispered and I glared at her in disdain

"Then why did you?" I demand holding tightly to my lover's hand.

Four months...

    "I'm sorry for being a bother....I just...was wondering if ....well if I could  see ...her.." hearing Axle's timid question from the doorway I smile.

  "Of course you can Axle." I promise as he sets a display of pink daisies on the window sill. 

Four months 2 weeks...

  I'm sitting at a park the kids and I are having a picnic. It's a quiet Saturday.  School's almost over for Naomi and Rosie's going to be   one soon. Rosie was eating her applesauce happily, her hair was growing out and curling around her little face. I usually put it up in a red bow or a white one.  She was so big.
   "Yuyu cookie now!" She  demanded dropping the empty applesauce container in my lap.

  "What do you say Row?" I asked and she glared at me .
   "Cookie! cookie!" She exclaimed making grabbing motions for the picnic basket.
   "Roselinda." I whisper and she pouts, puffing out her little cheeks,  an act Sayori used to do.

  "Peas." She huffs after I fake like I'm gonna eat her cookie. I laugh handing her the cookie. "Tanks." 

  "Hi Yuri. " MC greeted me as he crossed the park towards me. I was wiping  mustard from Benny's  chin and I looked up smiling at my friend kindly.

  "Hi mister MC."   Denny waved with his sandwich making mayo dripping onto his lap.
   "Hi Denny. " he whispered as I leaned forward to wipe the mayo off his lap.

   "Oh Denny  " I whispered with a laugh and he giggled.
    "Uh Yuri  I need to talk to you." He murmurs and I frown at his serious tone.

   "One second my sweethearts" I praise as I stand following him a ways away. "What do you need MC?" I asked in concern while I kept my eyes on the kids. I smiled when I saw Rosie sneak another cookie.

  "I want Naomi to live with me." He stated firmly and slowly I turned and looked at him.
   "What?" I demanded sharply

To Be Continued...

A/N: that's my attempt at a picture of Yuri and Monika when they were little