Chapter 20

[A/N: I promise to properly show each character in the  Ulterior Motives and Mending Fences franchises' future equally. It will go in order of

Nikole

Lily and Reo

Kayte and  Dexter

Tammy and Joel

Cassie

Axle

Annie and MC

Lila

Naomi

Benny

Denny

Rosie

Natsuki and Yuri

Sayori and Monika

<if I forget anyone I apologize , I didn't include Yuri's brothers cause well...they only had a short appearance in the first book, but if anyone  needs to know what they're up to, they're professors and researchers in the jungles of India right now >

■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■

  Nikole's POV:

    Nikole adjusted her cane, smacking her lips as she adjusted the picture frame of her two daughters with a wry smile. She had downsized to a condo on the lake, she felt like such a big house was unnecessary for her now that she was by herself.

On her eighty-seventh birthday Lily found her on the kitchen floor, she'd had a heart attack. Nikole was never the same after that, her memory was short term and she'd stare into space unsure, it was like she was a completely different person. Until eventually she moved in with Lila and her husband, when her neighbor pulled a bag of burnt popcorn from the oven, which was set to 500 degrees.

Lily and Reo POV:

    Lily and Reo both retired and helped raise their two grandchildren from their oldest son, who's wife had died and he was too busy with his job. Lily often brought little Sadie and Jane to see Nikole. Though her sister's once brilliant mind was lost, lily still enjoyed her company.

  Lila's husband found Nikole sitting at Steven's grave once, sobbing about how she didn't know he had died and that she had been going to marry him.

It broke lily's heart to see her sister this way. Though she still tried to spend every spare moment with her, giving her comfort like she used to do for her when they were young.

Yuri was so distraught when a robber broke into her parents house and killed Lily in her sleep. Reo survived and helped to raise his granddaughters in lily's memory.

Kayte and Dexter  POV:

  "Dexter what are you doing you old fool?" Kayte chuckled as Dexter hammered something together in their garage.
   "Well love of my life,  it's a crib, for Tammy's boy...I figured you know it'd be a more personal gift." He explained dropping his hammer to the table next to him. Kayte chuckled wrapping her arms around him from behind.