Chapter 18

A/N: this is where the book's gonna start ending or you know tapering off into an ending 😁 but fear not because I have another ddlc book in the works.  This book was only gonna be like 20 chapters or so...but I promise all the loose ends will be tied up.

   Natsuki's POV:

  "Look Axle I'm really glad to see you too, but where's my wife?" I demand and he smiles at me all lopsided and goofy like. It's a wonder why he's still single.

   "She's at her hearing, but as soon as she gets out she'll be here,  she's been  visiting you every day since your accident " my brother exclaimed and I frowned really taking in his words, wait hearing?

   "Wait Axle what hearing? What's going on?" I tried to sit up, but being in a coma means all your muscles have the strength  of a noodle, so I ended up flopping back into my previous position. Much to my complete and utter frustration. "Damn it!" I cursed my stupid limp muscles.

  "Oh I got ya, do you want to go up or down?" He asked completely ignoring my previous question.  " You know Yuri visited you when  you first woke up, but you were so out of it and kept falling asleep. She had her hearing though so she had to go and since no one else could do it, I volunteered. " lucky me. I thought as he babbled while also handing me the remote to my bed. I was ready to strangle him. "This button is for up and this button is for down." He exclaimed and I glared at him dryly.

  "Thank you Axle, but I still know how to read." I snapped and he smiled obviously only hearing the nice parts of that sentence. He was an extreme optimist.

   "I thought I'd never see you again." He sniffed as I tried to keep my patience.
   "Yeah, I know buddy, but Yuri what's happening with Yuri?" I question as I move my bed into a better position. He shook his head as he blubbered  and rubbed his eyes pitifully.

  "I mean you got shot in the stomach and leg and he threw his knife, it hit your neck,  I thought you'd be dead....when Yuri called me I just cried and cried..." he rambled through his sobs and I pinched the bridge of my nose.
  "Axle look-" he ignored me babbling on.

  "And cried and cried and cried...like they just wouldn't stop!" He exclaimed and I was rubbing my temples.  Chanting don't kill him in my mind.

  "Yes Axle I know, I almost died...so so sad...but focus for me..okay can you do that?" I demand and he nods sniffing back his tears.  I took a deep breath, trying not to lose my temper with my good intentions brother, and  boy was it hard. "Okay, now please what is going on with Yuri?" I question for what felt like the millionth time in the last ten or so minutes.

  "She's at her hearing. " he stated with a hiccup and I bit the inside of my cheek.
   "I know that much, but what hearing?" I demanded and he smiled at me.
     "Yuri's hearing." He whispered and I grounded my teeth together as I took a few calming breaths.

  "Axle I know it's Yuri's but what's the hearing about?" I am forcing a chipper tone and he blinks a couple times as he stares at me blankly.
  "I mean first when she told me she had a hearing to go to, I thought she meant like an appointment to get her ears checked, but then I found out she's like in a courtroom with a judge and stuff."

  "Gah Axle you need an appointment to get your head checked!" I growled out in exasperation and he tilted his head and frowned at me in confusion.

  "No I don't, I just had a checkup last week when I had a sinus infection. " he giggled as if I was  just soooo damn funny. I put my head in my hands. Why? Why was my brother so stupid? God why? "Are you okay sis, does your head hurt?" He asked and I legit wanted to backhand him.

  "You make my head hurt Axle." I grunted as the door to my hospital room opened.
   "Hi Natsukatron, how goes it? Feeling any better?" Cassie strode into the room,  a tray of drinks in one hand and a bag dangling from her elbow.

  "Her head hurts I guess." Axle explained and I groaned. Cassie chuckled softly.
   "I can only imagine what caused such a spur of the moment headache. " she laughed as she handed me a cup. "Hot chocolate for you." She explained then handed my brother a water bottle. "Totally water for the Axelrod,  and coffee for yours truly." She grinned taking a sip with a grin.

  "Ahh love my spiked water." Axle whispered with a cough. I shot him a look of disbelief as he downed the liquid.

   "Its spiked with four packets of splenda as was prior requested. " Cassie explained with an amused smirk. Then her expression clouded and she sighed. "How are you holding up, Axle fill you in on the low down in court today?" She inquires seriously and I shake my head. Thank God someone who's not insane.

  "No, all I know is Yuri's at a hearing." I exclaimed as my brother downs his sugar water with a smack of his lips.  If we didn't look alike I'd have serious doubts about us being siblings.

  "Oh... yeah MC's being a grade A level douchebag and is trying to get full custody of Naomi! I mean I thought it was low of him to get Monika pregnant but this is an all time low..." she muttered bitterly.

  "But how'd he do that if Monika's dead?" Axle asked in complete confusion and I rolled my eyes.  Cassie smirked his way.
   "Don't worry about it Axelrod,  just drink your diabetes in a bottle." She winked and he shrugged going back to gulping the drink rapidly.

  "He's doing what?!" I hiss and Cassie nods with a look of disgust.
   "God I could kill him, he planned this too, he was too big of a coward to try this when you were awake, but come on...if you are really such a manly man,  why are you trying to get this case finished as quickly as possible? Makes me sick." She muttered against her coffee cup.

   "Yuri, how's Yuri?" I whisper fearfully and she smiles slightly 
    "Better now that you're okay." She promised kindly.
   "But before she wasn't eating or sleeping and she almost fainted once." Axle added and Cassie face palmed.

   "Wheres my wife I want to see her !" I can't calm my heart, I'm shaking and crying and all I want is Yuri. 

Where's YURI

To Be Continued....