Chapter 11

A/N: yeah so I decided to be mean and this chapter's about Naomi and her friends. Chapter 12 will have Natsuki in it *wink*

No one's POV:

  Naomi sat at her desk, slowly writing out each problem the teacher was explaining on the board. Ugh fourth grade sucked. Bitterly she scribbled out a hasty answer and pulled out her poem journal. 

Today is a blank day
Everyone is writing writing
I'm just sitting blank
Problems swirl around my head
Sometimes I wish I could just stay in bed

She smiled at her newest poem and closed it with a slight smile. She looks over at the calendar that rests behind the teachers desk on the wall and sighs...

It's been nearly a month and a half since her parents had...

She looks back at the board sternly, refusing to cry again. If she cried the teacher would send her into the hallway and then everybody would know. She sniffed slightly and went back to her problems.  However she just couldn't focus. She pulled her poem journal close flipping to the first page where her mama and mommy had each written a poem just for her.

Naomi
Beautiful as the suns radiant Ray's
Kind as the most gentle of pandas
Sweet as a batch of sugar cookies

One of the loves of my life,
You bring me joy
You bring me life

I don't know where I'd be without you
Your laugh can scare away any rainclouds
All the day

I love you my pleasant little girl
You were quite the surprise
But you were our miracle
Happy 8th birthday my sweet girl

Naomi held back tears, her mama had wrote that, just for her, nobody else, now she was gone. She'd never write for Naomi again. She slowly turned the page to look at her mommy's poem for her.

Beautiful Blonde Angel

Squirmy and pink all covered with goo

My heart nearly broke when you gave your first coo

Your green eyes were wide and full of light

I don't recall ever seeing something so bright

You are my beautiful angel

Sent to keep me sane

My beautiful angel

My sweet little girl with the heart made of gold

Happy birthday,  may many adventure unfold

Xoxo
Mommy

A few tears escaped from her brilliant facade and slowly Naomi tried to wipe them away before they were seen.

   "Ms Salvato would you like a moment to yourself?" The teacher questioned and Naomi nodded picking up her journal she stood and scurried from the room, the tears were escaping more rapidly now. She lowered herself to the floor,  leaning against a wall as she cried softly into her knees.

"Why'd you have to go to that stupid dinner?" She snapped out to no one as she clenched her fists and shook her head miserable. 

She slowly flipped through her poems and got to the one on the day her grandma told her she was an orphan.

Gone
I love you so much
But they took you away

I wanted forever
I didn't even get today

I wanted to feel safe in your arms
I got nobody because you are gone.

Naomi sat there out in the hall until lunchtime.  Where she slowly dragged herself to the lunchroom.

  "Wearing the same shirt I see?" Rory questioned dryly as Naomi sat down next to Peter,  who had a sack lunch. Peter frowned at him.

"Be nice Rory,  please." He added uncertainly and Naomi smiled at his gentle command.

  "Ugh why are you still here? Don't you have someone else to be a jerk to?" Bernadette questioned bitterly as she bit into her homemade food that smelled so good.

Naomi looked down at the lunch tray and sighed, she remembered how her mama would cut her sandwiches into bear shaped sometimes or heart shaped. 

  "Why are you crying again?" Rory demanded and Naomi reached up brushing the tears from her face.
   "Why are you sitting here being annoying again?" Bernadette demanded sharply and Peter gently took Naomi's hand in his own.

  "It's alright Naomi,  I don't care if you need to cry. My dads Say its healthy to cry." He whispered so only Naomi could hear,  Peter only ever talked to her that way. He was so shy with everyone else, it made her feel special in a way.

  "Hey Memes you ready to go outside?" Bernadette questioned and she nodded, she wasn't hungry anymore anyway. After throwing away their garbage,  the three friends retreated outside. Naomi sat on a swing, slowly moving back and forth.

  "Nomi, do you want to play tag with us?" Peter asked softly against her ear and Naomi nodded.  She didn't want to be a bad friend and say no.

Later on that day they all sat against the school waiting for their parents to pick them up. Naomi was sitting between Rory and Peter,  Bernadette was on the other side of Rory.

  "How do you always wear that shirt? Like doesn't it smell funny by now?" He demanded and Naomi sighed bitterly.  He was really starting to annoy her.

  "Rory my aunt Yuri washes it!" She exclaimed and Bernadette nudged him roughly.
   "You're so nosy Rory. " she grumbled.

  "Bernadette come on let's go." Bernadette smiled jumping up to see her sister, Ursula smiled at the kids pleasantly. 

  "Yeah I'm ready!" Bernadette went to jump across the street when a car came speeding by, Ursula grabbed her backpack strap and yanked her backwards roughly.

  "Bernadette Kagari watch where you are going!" She exclaimed yanking her sister away. Bernadette waved to Naomi and Peter completely unfazed and then did the I'm watching you gesture to Rory who in return stuck his tongue out at her.

Naomi leaned against Peter and smiled.

  "Thanks for being my friend Petey." She whispered and he blushed with a smile.

To Be Continued...