Jim Halpert

Jim's P.O.V

Jim walked into the office and smiled at Pam.

"Morning, babe." He smiled as he took off his coat.

"Morning. How was the game?" She asked.

"Eh. Quarterback sucked, so we lost." He shrugged before leaning over the reception desk and pecking her lips. He headed over to his desk, eyes narrowed slightly as Dwight stared at him, a stopwatch in his hand.

"Morning, buddy. Whatcha got there?" Jim asked as he put his bag on his desk.

"This is a stopwatch. Corporate is cracking down on tardiness. You're thirty-six seconds late, so I simply add up the time you're late over the next month, go to corporate, and get you fired." He shrugged.

"And here was me thinking that we were friends." Jim fake pouted, sitting down at his desk.

"My name is James Duncan Halpert, but I go by Jim. I'm twenty-five, and I'm a paper salesman." Jim nodded as he looked into the camera.

"What does that include? Erm, I talk to clients, who are mainly companies, about the types of paper that I can sell them and at what prices...and I just bored myself explaining what I do for a living." He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. I don't want to be doing this forever. I think I'd throw myself in front of a train if I ended up doing this forever." He spoke, running a finger over his bottom lip.

"Alright, meeting in the conference room, ten seconds." Michael spoke, making people start to get up and head to the conference room.

"Yes, I could do that deal for you, no problem." Jim nodded, speaking on the phone to a client.

"Come on, Jimmy boy, conference room." Michael smiled.

"Two seconds, Michael, I'm just about to close this sale." Jim mumbled.

"What's more important, your sale or this meeting?" He chuckled.

"I'm pretty sure that it's this sale." Jim spoke.

"Oops." Michael laughed as he pressed the button that hung up the call. Jim clenched his jaw as he put the phone back in the cradle and looked into the camera.

"Alright, I'm coming." He mumbled.

"That's what she said." Michael laughed, making Jim look into the camera and roll his eyes as he walked in and joined everyone.

"Okay, take seats, everyone, let's get started." Michael nodded. Jim gave Pam a small smile as he sat next to her.

"First things first, Meredith's birthday party is this Thursday, so get ready for that. Also, I've hired a new saleswoman, who is starting today, and I just want to say that I call dibs." He nodded.

"What? You can't call dibs on a person." Jim scoffed.

"I just have." Michael shrugged.

"How old is she?" Kevin asked. Michael paused.

"That doesn't matter." He shook his head.

"Is she twenty? Thirty? Forty?" Dwight asked.

"It doesn't matter, because age is just a number." Michael nodded.

"Okay, well, you can't say that." Jim chuckled as he looked into the camera.

"Michael, just tell us how old she is." Stanley spoke.

"Oh my god, she's twenty-four, okay?" Michael scoffed.

"You think that you've got a shot with a twenty-four-year-old?" Oscar scoffed.

"Okay, well that's just rude. Back to work, everyone." Michael spoke before leaving the room. Jim sighed and stood up.

"Hey." Pam smiled, taking his hand.

"Hey." He chuckled.

"Maybe we should set the new girl up with Dwight, or Ryan." She spoke.

"Um, maybe. I mean, she's not even here yet, so..." he chuckled.

"I meant when she gets here, silly." She smiled, pecking his cheek before going back to reception. Jim sighed as he sat back down and got on with work.