Cathy

"So, my replacement for maternity leave arrives today, and I have to train her." I nodded, hands against my bump.

"Which I think is far too early, considering you're only six months pregnant." Jim spoke, looking at me.

"Michael said she could start now, so he hired her now." I replied.

"I also don't know why you need a replacement, you didn't have one when you went on maternity leave with Cece." Jim shrugged. I narrowed my eyes.

"Hm. I don't know why either, come to think of it." I spoke, making Jim chuckle.

I sat at my desk, typing out my sales.

"Hey, I'm Cathy, I'm the new temp." I turned around in my chair and my eyes widened slightly as a cute young woman stood at reception.

"Ah, yes, Y/N." Pam spoke, looking at me. I nodded and stood up, holding my bump as I walked towards reception.

"You must be Cathy." I smiled, extending my hand.

"And you must be Y/N. Wow, you're very pregnant." She chuckled, shaking my hand.

"Actually, I'm only six months along." I smiled, cupping my bump.

"Really? You look further along. Or are you just having twins?" she smiled. My smile dipped as she said that.

"Um, no, just one baby in there." I chuckled nervously before turning to look at everyone.

"Um, so, welcome to the office, this is the sales team." I spoke, walking to the cluster of desks.

"That's Dwight, you'll get used to him soon enough." I chuckled, making Dwight roll his eyes.

"And this is Jim, my husband." I smiled, making Jim return it as he shook Cathy's hand.

"Ah, so you're responsible for this." She smiled, pointing to my bump.

"Guilty." He nodded, chuckling before smiling at me.

"So, this is my desk, and this'll be where you're based until I come back from maternity leave." I nodded.

"When do you leave for it?" she asked.

"Um...good question, Jim, when am I due again?" I asked.

"Um, June 23rd." he nodded.

"You don't know your own due date?" Cathy scoffed. My smile dipped slightly, as did Jim's as he looked at me.

"Well, we also have a young daughter at home so there's a lot to keep track of." I chuckled slightly, holding my bump.

"Not really." Cathy smiled. My smile dipped again and I looked at Jim.

"Okay, Y/N, I think we should be getting back to work." Jim nodded. I returned it.

"Yes, Cathy, that's your desk for the next three months, until I'm gone." I spoke, pointing to the empty desk next to Andy and Phyllis.

"Okay, thanks." She smiled before sitting down. I sighed and held my bump as I also sat down.

"Well that was intense." Jim chuckled nervously.

"It was." I nodded, chewing my lip.

"For the record, you do only look six months pregnant." He smiled. I chuckled and returned it.

"Thank you, babe." I smiled, making him blow me a kiss before starting his work again.

"What do I think of Cathy?" I asked. I sighed and rested my hand against my bump.