"I'm pregnant"

I stared down at my sheets, shielding my eyes with my hand.

"Morning babe." I smiled slightly to myself as I felt Jim kiss my head, his hand briefly on my back before he put his bag on his desk. I looked at him and smiled slightly before looking back down. His smile faltered.

"You okay, Y/N?" he asked. I gulped and turned to face him.

"I need to talk to you." I mumbled.

"Okay." He spoke. I sighed and looked slightly at Dwight, who was sat at his desk staring at me.

"In private." I gulped. Jim's eyes filled with concern and he nodded as he stood up. I stood up too and started to walk.

"Ooh, Jim, you're in trouble. What did you do this time?" Dwight smirked.

"Look, Dwight, it says gullible on the ceiling." Jim spoke as he pointed up.

"Does it-dammit!" Dwight yelled as we started to walk.

"Every time." Jim smirked. We walked into the kitchen and I turned to face Jim as he shut the door. He looked at me.

"What's up?" he asked, sticking his hands in his trouser pockets. I gulped harshly and fiddled with my fingers.

"My period is late." I admitted. Jim's eyes widened slightly.

"Oh. How late?" he asked.

"Two months." I spoke.

"What?" he scoffed, taking his hands out of his pockets.

"I know." I gulped.

"You could be two months pregnant and you're only telling ne now?!" he exclaimed as he held his hands to his head.

"Well I didn't want to worry you, so I waited to see if it would come...and it hasn't." I gulped.

"Have you been to a doctor? Or taken one of those home pregnancy tests?" he asked.

"I made a doctor's appointment after I got sick at Michael's. It's in a couple days. I find out then." I nodded.

"Good." He smiled slightly. I looked at him.

"It concerns me slightly that your main issue with this situation is the fact I waited this long to tell you." I scoffed. He returned it and chuckled slightly as he shook his head, his hands falling back to his sides.

"I mean, I can't say I'm not happy if you are pregnant. I love you, Y/N, and I want kids, so yeah, it's really good news if you are." He smiled. I returned it slightly but then gulped.

"I want kids too, and with you, but we're not even engaged yet." I scoffed. Jim's smile dipped slightly.

"So? We don't have to be married or even planning to get married to have a kid together." He shrugged.

"I know, but my parents won't be happy to find out I'm pregnant with your baby if we're not even engaged, especially since we've now been dating for a year and a half. Not to mention that Angela will have a field day with this." I sighed. Jim looked at me.

"So, what, you're saying the only way we can do this is if we're engaged?" he asked.

"No, I'm just saying, that'd be the best thing to do. Ensure that I know you're here to help me." I spoke before my eyes widened. Jim narrowed his eyes at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he scoffed.

"Jim, that came out all wrong, I meant so other people know-."

"You really think I'm going to get you pregnant, and then leave you?" he choked.

"No, not at all, I know you'd never do that, that came out so wrong." I gulped. He scoffed and shook his head, tears pooling in his stunning brown eyes.