It's me

I sighed as I unlocked my front door and hurried in out of the rain before shutting the door. I checked the time and sighed as my phone read 11:35. I turned the light on and my eyes widened as wedding magazines were spread out across the coffee table. I gulped as they were all open on the ring pages.

"Oh, hey, you're back." I looked up and sighed as Seth wandered down the hallway, rubbing his eye.

"Hey." I spoke.

"What took you so long to get home? You get off of work at five." He scoffed.

"I went to go visit my mom, you knew that." I spoke. He shrugged.

"Seth, what's all of this?" I asked, gesturing to the magazines. He smiled.

"I booked an appointment at the jewellery store tomorrow." He spoke. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What will we be doing there?" I asked. He looked at me and bit his lip.

"We'll be picking out an engagement ring, and then it'll be sized to fit you." He admitted, making my eyes widen as I gulped.

~Three hours later~

"I'm so sick of this, Seth! You always freaking do this!" I shouted.

"That's such a lie! You always start these fights! I wish that you'd just admit already that you're trying to sabotage this relationship so that you can be with Jim!" he yelled. My eyes widened at what he said.

"What?" I scoffed. He sighed and looked at me.

"Don't even try to lie to me, Y/N. I see the way that you look at him, and I see the way that he looks at you too. You're in love with each other, and everyone knows it except for you two." He spat. I gulped.

"That's not true, and even if it was, he has Pam-."

"Do you really think that Pam doesn't know?" he cut me off. I choked.

"She knows?" I asked.

"Of course she does. It's not just you, it's Jim too. He's been getting more and more distant since you got to the branch. She knows that he doesn't love her anymore, and she knows that he's in love with you. So do I." he nodded. I put my hand over my mouth in shock as a tear left my eye.

"I think that you should go." Seth mumbled. I gulped and nodded.

"I'm sorry, Seth. I really am." I choked before grabbing my coat and walking out.

I sat on the front step, hugging myself as the rain poured down. I gulped as I took my phone out with shaky hands and scrolled through my contacts, thinking about who I could call. I gulped as my finger stopped at one name. I sighed.

"Pam's going to kill me." I mumbled as I pressed call and held the phone to my ear.

Jim's P.O.V

Jim's eyes slowly opened as he heard a quiet buzzing sound.

"What the..." He mumbled, looking around with furrowed eyebrows. He looked at the time. 2:15. He sighed as he saw his phone ringing on his bedside table. He groaned before grabbing it and pressing the green button before putting it to his ear.

"Hello?" he yawned.

"It's me." His eyes immediately shot open.

"Hey, Y/N, is everything okay?" he asked as he sat up in bed, trying not to wake Pam.

"I'm so sorry to wake you up like this, but I think that Seth and I just broke up, and I got locked out because I forgot my purse and I'm currently sitting on our doorstep in the rain, and I didn't know who to call." She choked. Jim's heart filled with sadness at the sound of Y/N so upset.