The double date

Jim's P.O.V

"Thanks, Jim." Y/N gave Jim a small smile. He returned it and sighed before hugging her and burying his face in her hair. God, she felt good. Not to mention that he hadn't felt this way since he had first been with Pam. In fact, this was a greater feeling. A more passionate feeling. Jim smiled to himself as Y/N put her arms over his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She started to pull away but he stopped her so that their faces were close. She gulped and looked at him, looking down at his lips before returning her glance to his eyes.

"I'm glad that I could help you." She spoke as she moved out of his grip.

"Yeah, um, thanks." He gave her a small smile. She returned it before leaving the kitchen. Jim sighed and rubbed his hands over his face as he tried to process what had just happened. Pam had lied to Y/N and then gotten her to tell him. How could she do that? He wasn't going to stand by and let this happen, he thought as he clenched his jaw and stormed out of the kitchen. He stormed towards the reception desk.

"Jim-."

"Shut it." Jim cut Dwight off as he reached Pam.

"What, did you not want to see my reaction when I found out that you didn't want me to propose?" he asked sarcastically, cocking his head to the side. Pam sighed and looked up.

"I'm sorry, Jim." She spoke.

"No, no, don't even try. I can't believe that you got Y/N, my best friend in the freaking world, to tell me. After everything that we've been through. What, were you hoping that I'd get pissed off at her instead of you? Because sorry, Pam, but no." He spat.

"If I'm being honest, you two seem a lot closer right now than we are. I thought that she'd break it to you more gently than I would." She snapped back.

"She did break it to me gently, she was amazing about it, still doesn't mean that it was okay for you to do that!" he exclaimed, holding his hands to his head and making people look at them, including Y/N. Jim gulped as he looked at her, just staring at them before turning back to Pam.

"Okay, look. You're my girlfriend, not Y/N. I wouldn't have proposed to Y/N, it would have been to you. So, it should have been you who told me that you didn't want me to propose. What the hell were you thinking?" Jim snapped.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how else to tell you." Pam sighed.

"So, you lie to my best friend and tell her that you don't want me to propose because you don't want to be married? Did you think that I wouldn't tell her about Roy?" he scoffed.

"That was the truth, Jim." Pam snapped. Jim looked at her.

"So, what? You said yes to Roy but won't even let me propose at all? So, is it me? Do you just not want to be married to me?" he choked.

"No, not at all, it's just that you know I had a rough time with Roy, I don't want to relive that." She sighed.

"You of all people know that I'm nothing like Roy." He scoffed. Pam sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know what else to tell you." She gulped. Jim sighed and shook his head.

"I better get back to work." He mumbled before starting to turn away.

"Before you go, I should say that we have a double date tonight." Pam smiled sheepishly. Jim narrowed his eyes at her.

"Are you freaking serious? Do you really think that I'm going to go after you've done this-."

"It's with Y/N." Pam admitted. Jim's face dropped.

"Y/N and who?" he gulped.

"I thought that it'd be fun to set her up with Seth." She shrugged, looking at her computer.