TWO.

(excuse all mistakes.)

Compton, California 📍

Vadah Avani Parker | Buddha

"Don't want it literally! So over it mentally! So tired physically! It distracts and hinders me! So it's for sale! The best offer gets the bo-" My headphone was snatched out of my ear as I sung loudly along to my music.

"Girl bring yo ass." Nay mugged me. "Singing all loud in front of these damn people."

"Quit cursing at me." I frowned. "Where are we going?"

"We gonna meet Za at that food place, Auntie Emma's around the corner, so come on."

School had just been let out and I was exhausted. After a long day at work I just wanted to lay down in my damn bed and sleep. Nay got into a fight today with some girl because she shoved me. She was suspended for three days and it made me upset because if I wasn't mad about it, why were you? Now you're missing out on your education over something so stupid.

"I gotta start standing up for myself." I mumbled, scratching my head.

"Girl you is not no damn fighter. Them bitches just need leave you alone cause you don't do nothing to them. Damn bullies."

"Daddy's gonna kick your ass." I shook my head making her laugh.

"You so proper. Daddy's gonna kick your ass." She mocked.

"Fuck you." I rolled my eyes and laughed. We were at the stop light waiting for it to turn green so we could cross the street."

"Oh my gosh Buddha. You remember Sincere?"

"Tall, brownskin, waves. Look like Larenz Tate a little bit?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yes. He dm'd me talking bout ion fuck with him no more. Like boy you got a whole bitch."

"He was cute. Why'd y'all stopped talking again?" We crossed once the light turned green. My book bag was starting to hurt my back so I let one strap hang.

"Cause I had a boyfriend and I started to feel guilty."

"Wait so you was cheating on your boyfriend with Sincere? But Sincere can't cheat on his girlfriend with you? How that even work Trenee?"

"Cause that's just how it the fuck work. I ain't coming second to no nigga."

"You're ass backwards." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Girl! What are you doing?" I scrunched my face up at her.

"Crossing the street come on."

"That's called jaywalking." I shook my head.

"Girl bring yo ass." She snapped just as a car honked. "Hit me! Hit me bitch!"

it was her fault anyways, stupid ass.

I waited patiently for the light to turn green and when it did, I crossed.