SEVEN.

(excuse all mistakes.)

Compton, California 📍

Vadah Avani Parker | Buddha

"Niggas lie so much! I'm starting to think Adam bit the apple and blamed it on Eve." Zaza plopped on the couch.

"Hell yeah! That's why the Adams apple stuck in they throat!" Nay laughed.

"That actually makes sense." I laughed thinking about it.

It was Thursday and we stayed home from school. Zyir came back over here yesterday and just started talking to us. That's how majority of our fights were resolved. No one ever apologized, we just found a way to talk to each other again.

"Imma stomp Arondae ears together." Zaza had her face scrunched up looking down at her phone.

"What he do?"

"He just a fucking liar. He always fucking lying with his lying ass."

"And I- oop."

"And what be killing me is he continue to lie when I already know. Like the fuck is you steady lying for?! You caught!"

"Girl fuck himmmm! Summer round the corner we finna be doing baldhead ho shit." Nay clapped.

"City girl season." I danced.

"PERIOD!" Nay did the hand gesture.

"Y'all can be city girls. Im sitting this summer out."

"You been sitting every summer out since you been 15." Nay shook her head. "You 19 now. Better let that nigga go."

"Girl everybody don't wanna be pimping niggas like you." She waved her off.

"Long as you know I'm a pimp." She popped her imaginary collar.

"I'm so mad I got another year of school. I'm ready to graduate already." I pouted.

"Damn I forgot I'm leaving you this year." Nay looked at me.

"Imma scream so loud out your graduation." I smiled.

"Shit y'all better. 12 years a slave, I'm finally free."

"That was my senior quote." Zaza laughed.

"Foreal? Mine was "I only came because y'all kept calling my daddy"."

"I don't know what mine is gonna be. Probably something inspirational." I stood up and put my empty fruit bowl in the garbage.

"You know you could've graduated this year right?" Nay asked me.

"Yeah, but I wanted to graduate with my class." I shrugged.

"Tuh! You better than me! I would've been outta dea!"

"Auntie." Milly cut the corner, rubbing her eyes.

"Why the hell you keep calling her auntie? She not yo auntie she yo cousin." Zaza scrunched her face up.

"Leave her alone. What's wrong mama?"

"I can't sleep."

"Okay. I'm coming now." She nodded and walked away, not before sticking her tongue out at Zaza.

"Bi- girl! Get up with me!" She followed behind her.

"Something wrong with that damn girl." I shook my head grabbing a bottle of water and two Welch's fruit snacks.