THIRTEEN.

(excuse all mistakes.)

Compton, California 📍

Vadah Avani Parker | Buddha

"How the fuck y'all want me to cook and all y'all picking up is junk food?" Zaza looked at me, Nay, and Daja.

DaeDae's food stamps came in on the 11th and now we were going grocery shopping for his house.

Well originally, Zaza was going, but the three of us came to DaeDae's house after school and who was about to be there by themselves?

"Girl you the one cooking. Pick some shit out, the fuck." Nay dropped a bag of red Doritos in one of the carts.

We had a total of three carts. One filled with snacks.

"Im so tied of y'all. Should do y'all how Daddy did us. Get y'all ass in a straight line, don't touch nothing."

"Bitch I used to hate when he did that." Nay laughed. "I a sneak shit in the cart anyways."

"Hell ya you was a lil thief growing up. Bitch used to steal lipgloss and gum and put it in her panties." We all bust out laughing.

"Nay what the fuck?" I laughed.

"Fuck y'all. I remember, I tried stealing some shoes and Grandma turned the stove on and burnt my hand. Ain't never stole again." She shook her head while I looked at her crazy.

"Abuse?"

"Buddha shutup." They bust out laughing.

"That lady ain't beat yo ass growing up?" Zaza asked, referring to our mother.

"No. I didn't get whoopings. I'm a good kid."

"Yeah she ain't beat us growing up either."

"Ou' get vanilla icecream. Zaza make them strawberry shortcakes you made that one time."

"Okay what y'all want for Dinner though?"

"Chicken Alfredo." I spoke almost immediately.

"Bitch you always want that." Daja frowned.

"On crip. I'm tired of Alfredo."

"Bitch on who?" Zaza laughed.

"Naybahood!" I threw up the sign Kamiri always threw up making them look at me with wide eyes.

"BUDDHA!" They bust out laughing.

"Do that again sus! What you say? Nayba who?" Nay recorded me.

"Naybaaaaaahoooood!" I threw it up again and rolled my arms, one on top of the other. I threw up a C and then made a gun with my fingers, making like I was shooting in the C.

"HOLD UPPPPP!" We erupted in a fit of laughter causing a whole bunch of people to look this way.

"Dick so good got her chucking up his hooooood okayyy."

"Lady KB stand uppp!"

"I'm not finna play with y'all." I laughed.

"Y'all... listen." Daja pointed.

We got quiet listening to the song playing.

"In this very moment I'm king! This very moment I slay Goliath with a sling! This very moment I bring! Put it on everything that I will retire with the ring!" We sung in unison, not caring how loud we were.