FIVE.

(excuse all mistakes.)

Compton, California 📍

Vadah Avani Parker | Buddha

"Daddy that's not even what happened!" Lady bussed out laughing.

"That is what happened! Y'all just don't wanna admit it. Y'all sister got her ass beat that damn day." Daddy frowned while Zaza shook her head laughing.

"I did not get beat up!" Nay protested.

"Oh but you did though." Daddy pursed his lips.

"What happened foreal? Anytime y'all tell this story, I always hear a different version." I asked confused.

"Cause Daddy never tell the story right." Nay rolled her eyes.

It was Saturday and we were all at the bowling alley. It was something we tried to do every other weekend. As a family, we'd go out to different places having fun and enjoying each other's company.

"Chile please, who don't tell it right? Was you or was you not talking shit bout everybody in that damn school?"

"I was." She mumbled.

"Exactly. Had the whole damn playground crowding you." Daddy rolled the ball knocking a couple of pins down.

"So they jumped you on the playground?" I asked.

"No what happened was, I was talking shit to somebody I thought was my friend and she told the girl and the girl and her friends crowded me."

"No, them bitches beat you up." Lady laughed and shrugged. "So I told Nay find out if she had older siblings and me and Zaza beat them bitches up."

"And back then, Nay was all talk. She would talk shit but her hands wasn't registered. Chauncey had to rough her up." Chauncey was our uncle, my dad's little brother. He was closer in age to Lady, being 21 to my dad's 37. Lady was also 21, Zaza was 19, Nay was 18, and I was 17. It was safe to say my parents were fucking like rabbits.

"No foreal! Remember when she told us when she was at school and them girls would tell her they were gonna hit her, she'd be like 'hit me then!' but in her head, she would be like 'please don't hit me, please don't hit me'."

"Fuck y'all foreal." Nay laughed. "I ain't like that no more."

"Nope. I remember your first fight. Beat up Sanyja."

"Wait I thought that was your bestfriend?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Zaza it's your turn."

"Bye, that lil linebacker was not her damn friend. She was choosy as hell." Daddy waved me off.

"I told her that girl was fake. I been told you Daja was your real friend. Remember when you stopped messing with Daja for Sanyja and Daja was sitting with me on the bus and I started telling her all her your business?" Lady laughed.

"I remember that!" Zaza laughed. "Then when Nay heard y'all laughing, she wanna turn around and ask what y'all was laughing about. Naaaaa, keep talking to Sanyja."

"Zyir you the last to talk about fake friends! Stop acting like you and Chocolate been besties with no bumps in the road." Nay mugged her picking up her bowling ball.

"Oh yeah. Ion like that lil Chocolate girl. Ever since I seen her behind Burger King sucking dick." Daddy made up his face.

"Daddy you're lying!" I gasped.