forty-two

Forty-Two: Tyler Osmond

YOU know that feeling you get as you watch the beautiful as it sets, its bright colors slowly paints the sky. Then there's the sea just few feet away from you, its rhythmic waves were calling your name.

That's exactly what I was feeling right now.

Serene. Peaceful. Home.

The same feeling I had nung unang beses naming napanood yung sunrise sa Subic. And yep, the same image that's in my head.

"You whimpered," tukso ko kay Vanessa habang ang kanang kamay ay marahang humahaplos sa gilid ng mukha niya. I just can't keep my hands off her. Ngumisi ako bago idinugtong, "Am I that good?"

Pinanood ko kung paano nawala ang ekspresyon sa mukha niya bago napailing sa akin. Then she snickered. "That's not even a real kiss."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko roon.

"That's just a smack," patuloy ni Vanessa, suot pa rin ang ekspresyon kanina. "Well a very long one but still, a smack."

I laughed then. A surprised one.

Did she just mock my kissing skills?

I bit my lip as I tried to compose my emotion. That really hit a nerve. And I all I wanted to do is to defend myself right now.

But then I thought why bother doing that when I could do something else?

I smiled at her now, elated of the plan in my head.

I moved my body closer to Vanessa and smirked when she sucked in a deep breath. "Ready for the real kiss?"

Hindi siya sumagot, patuloy lang akong tinitigan. And damn if her slightly hooded eyes now were telling me otherwise. Kaya't hindi ko na pinatagal pa at sinimulan nang ibaba ang mukha sa kanya.

When our lips touched again, for the third time, I made sure to move. I can't have Vanessa doubting my kissing skills anymore.

And when I heard a sound of approval from her, I deepened the kiss. I took her bottom lip and sucked on it. When she gasped and opened her lips, I slipped my tongue inside, meeting hers and tangling it with mine.

Pumulupot ang kamay niya sa leeg ko, hinila ako papalapit sa kanya habang humigpit naman ang kapit ko sa kanyang bewang.

I gave my all in this kiss, trying to convey to her what's inside my heart through my lips.

And moments after, when the two of us retreated from each other for air, I got to ask. "Did that deliver?"

Hindi sumagot si Vanessa. She just remained looking at me as if still in dazed. But her pink tinged cheeks, glassy eyes and the way she's still panting for air should be enough answer for me.

At alam ko namang hindi pa ako pumapalya sa ganoong bagay. My lips might not be in real action for quite a long time but I know it was still working perfectly fine. At lalong hindi maaring mabawasan yung skills ko just because I had taken some rest. A long one, but still.

That's perhaps why it was not enough for me. I need Vanessa to say it too.

So I asked her another question. "Was it good?"

Parang lutang pa rin, parehong umangat ang mga kilay ni Vanessa. "Huh?"

Smiling at her, I repeated it, much specific this time. "The kiss...was it good?"

Muli, hindi na naman siya sumagot. Basta lang tinitigan ako. But then she displayed that breathtaking smile and I felt like I was the one who's starting to be in dazed.