fifty-two

Fifty-Two: Tyler Osmond                                                             

"You're not mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad?" tanong ko pabalik kay Vanessa, still playing with her hand. I just missed her too much today. We barely saw each other at school. Idagdag pa na hindi ko man lang siya maisabay na pumasok at maging sa pag-uwi.

Today was stressful already with the extra attention I'm getting because of the fake news. Tapos nadagdagan pa nang ikwento ni Vanessa ang tungkol sa inamin sa kanya nung kapatid ni Olivia.

And I don't know what to do with Olivia anymore. She was just outright wicked.

"I told Ren about our relationship," sagot ni Vanessa. "Though she said she'll keep it secret naman. I just want to let her understand why I'm concerned dun sa tungkol sa inyo ni Olivia."

I smiled a her. I totally understood why she did that. And though I don't know Olivia's sister, if Vanessa trusted her, then I'll do the same.

"It's okay. Alam ko naman kung bakit mo 'yun ginawa. What did she say though? Pumayag ba siyang tumulong?"

"She said she'll try her best to help," sagot ni Vanessa. "Ayaw na rin daw niya 'yung ginagawa niya ng ate niya. And if she learns something, she'll tell me."

I nodded at that. At least, we had some help now. And I hope this would be over soon.

*

On Tuesday, it was still the same. Pinagkaiba lang ay nasa unit lang ako nakaistambay dahil wala kaming pasok ngayon.

But it was better this way, I guessed. At least maiiwasan ko for a day yung unwanted attention form university crowd.

The news, though, reached my family and friends. Pareho ko nang nakausap sina Daddy and Ate Triz and of course, I told them the truth that it was just a big misunderstanding. I left out the part of Olivia's pregnancy though. Kahit pa ano 'yung nagawa niya sa akin, it was still her story to tell, not mine.

I busied my time finishing my portfolio. Ngayon nang Friday ang pasahan nito. And as I did it, hindi ko mapigilang mapaisip kung tama bang tinanggap ko 'tong project na ito.

But then, whether I accepted this or not, it seemed like Olivia already decided to make my life miserable.

At hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin maisip kung bakit ako yung napili niyang idamay dito. Was it her plan all along? Or was I just a victim by chance?

I was still in a deep thought when my phone rang. Napakunot ako ng noo nang makitang si Slade iyon. Anyway, I still answered it.

"Hey."

Mahina siyang natawa. "Congrats, you finally have a girlfriend. But I'm not expecting you to make it so publicized."

I groaned. I knew it. Iyon ang agad na babanggitin niya.

"Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed. Iba 'yung sinabi mo sa akin na igi-girlfriend mo. Anong nangyari?"

I was about to answer when he talked again. "Celestine also said na she's sad by the news. Iba daw 'yung shini-ship niya sayo."

That made me smile. At least they knew who's really it for me. "Tell her don't be sad because her ship has sailed and is still sailing, kind of roughly right now but it's steady so it's good."

"What do you mean?"

I shook my head. Bakit parang naging slow 'ata 'tong kaibigan ko?

"What I mean is girlfriend ko na 'yung sinasabi ko sayo?"