Good Form

The next morning, I awoke peacefully to the warmth of the sun on my face, my body wrapped snuggly in my comforter like a human burrito

The next morning, I awoke peacefully to the warmth of the sun on my face, my body wrapped snuggly in my comforter like a human burrito. I sighed deeply and contently as I stretched my limbs, only to flinch when my toe touched something at the end of my bed. I abruptly sit up to see a little spotted brown cat sleeping in a ball right next to my feet. Its small body curled up, breathing softly. I was stunned and confused; where did this kitten come from and where was Hoseok? I carefully stood from my bed to not wake the kitty and slowly tiptoed from my room. I walked quietly around my apartment looking for Hoseok but I couldn't seem to find him anywhere.

Growing worried, I walked back to my room to change when I looked at the snoozing cat, well, ocelot. It was awake this time, its big brown eyes gazing at me curiously, a spotted ear twisting in my direction.

"Oh, you're awake. Ok, don't panic. It's just a cat. A cute, mysterious kitten that somehow got in my bedroom," I muttered to myself. "Look," I spoke to the cat, "I'm honored but this is nuts. Where'd you come from?" I walked over to my bed, giving the cat some space to not overwhelm it. I scoffed at the thought.

"Me? Overwhelm a cat that somehow got in my bed and cuddles my feet, hardly," I chuckled in disbelief at myself. Right after, I heard the cat chitter as if it was.... laughing. I looked over at them and scrunched my face in confusion.

"Did you just.. laugh?"

The cat nodded.

"Did you just nod? What the hell!" I sputtered shocked.

The cat meowed as it stood and walked over to me promptly sitting on my leg to gaze up at me. My lip unconsciously curled into a coo as I looked into its big eyes. Eyes similar to...

"Hoseok?"

A happy meow and nod.

"What the.. how? Wait, you're a hybrid. Right," I sighed and scratched my head.

"Ok, that's cool. If you want to be in your cat form that's up to you, either way is fine with me. I'm curious as to why you're a kitten though but honestly, it's better. Kittens are cute," I smiled and received another happy meow as Hoseok stood on his hind legs to nuzzle my cheek. I chuckled and pulled him down a bit to kiss the top of his head. To my surprise, he didn't react how I thought he would, instead he sank cartoon-like into my lap, his spotted tail wiggling back and forth slowly.

"H...Hoseok?"

At the sound of his name, he bounced back up his tail twitching happily as he waited for me to speak again.

"Well guess that answers if you're ok," I muttered, "So since you're in cat form I guess you're wanting to be treated like a kitten today?" A nod.