Little Gift

The week passed by quite uneventful after the almost destruction of my floor. As promised, I taught the boys some basic camping skills and answered any questions they had. Hoseok was relentless with his questions but I answered them the best I could. When I had to leave for work, both boys were sad to see me leave but Hobi knew I'd always come back.

It was now Friday and I was excited to get home to my boys. While sitting at work, I had realized that Jin wasn't legally mine yet and if we were going camping, he'd need to be. I had a feeling he'd love it if I adopted him; he was practically family and I refused to let him be taken from us. So while I sat there bored, I printed out 6 copies for later, though I doubt I'd need them all, and filled one out for Jin. I walked home with a pep in my step, ready for the camping trip and ready to see Jin's face when I show him the adoption papers. Memories of Hoseok's adoption day came flooding back to me, his beautiful sunshine smile etched into my mind.

I made it home faster than I thought and was soon outside my door. I had barely put the key in the lock before the door swung open to reveal a smiling Hobi. I smiled up at him and walked inside. Hoseok was clearly trying to hold back his excitement and was almost bouncing in his spot. I quickly sat my bag down and opened my arms just in time for Hobi to pick me up and spin me causing me to chuckle and ruffle his hair.

"Y/N! Finally, you're home," he said rubbing his face in my neck.

"I'm glad to be home. I missed my boys. Where is Jin?" I asked as Hobi put me back down.

"Kitchen. He's making dinner," he said, his tail swaying behind him. I nodded and headed to the kitchen. I'm not sure why I hadn't noticed sooner but the food smelled great. I walked in to see Jin at the stove in my apron once again humming happily, his cute tail wagging slightly.

"Wow, Jin. It smells amazing," I said walking up beside him to peer into the pan.

"Thank you and welcome home," he said looking over and smiling at me. I smiled back reached up to run my fingers through his hair causing his tail to wag faster as he leaned into my touch. Being a dog, he loved it when I played in his hair.

"How was work?" He asked focusing back on the food when I stopped petting him.

"A little boring but it gave me the chance to do something very special for my new friend," I said smiling.

He looked over at me with wide eyes.

"Something for me? What did you do?"

"I'll tell you after dinner but I hope you know you won't have to make a decision so soon, okay?" I said 

I heard a small whine leave him but I knew he was curious. I walked over to the couch and sat down next to Hobi who immediately laid his head on my lap signaling me that he wanted me to pet him to which I happily obliged. His soft purrs filled the room as we watched cartoons. A little while later, Jin called us for dinner and we both jumped up and headed to the table. We thanked Jin for the food and happily dug in. We enjoyed a simple conversation as we ate. It's interesting, I never have to struggle with coming up with conversations with them; it flowed like a freshly melted river. 

After everyone finished, Jin made Hobi clear the plates, shooing him urgently before staring at me in excitement hinting to tell him the surprise. I chuckled at his cute face and got up to quickly grab my purse, pull the papers out, and hand them to him. He looked at me in confusion but took them and began reading. His eyes widened almost comically as he read down the paper. His eyes glazed over as tears threatened to spill. He jumped up and hugged me tightly as he buried his face in my neck. I smiled and hugged him back rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"Thank you. Thank you! A trillion times yes! You have made me the happiest man alive," he sobbed into my neck.

"Oh my sweet Jin, you don't have to thank me. I... care about you both so much and would hurt to see you guys suffering on the streets again," I said placing a kiss on his head. He finally pulled back and his handsome face was all red from crying. I gently wiped his tears as Hobi came over and hugged him.

"I care about you too, hyung. I never had any brothers so I'm glad Y/N found you. Oh! We have to go shopping and get some toys and chocolate to celebrate. Y/N can we have some ice cream and some of your brownies? Please please please?" Hobi asked intertwining his fingers and giving me those extra big kitten eyes that he knows I can't resist. I smiled and nodded which made them both squeal in happiness and pulled me into one of their crushing you with love hugs. I chuckled and hugged them back as best as I could before they let me go and Hobi pushes me towards the kitchen.

I got started on my homemade hybrid safe chocolate brownies while Jin sat at the table and filled out his part of the adoption papers. I poured the brownies into the pan and as usual, Hobi bounced over to ask for the bowl of leftover mix. I let him and Jin get a little bit since the last time I made brownies, Hobi snuck more batter without me knowing and ended up with a stomach ache. 

After I pulled the brownies from the oven, I grabbed the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer along with bowls and spoons. I served the boys their bowls as we sat on the couch together, me in the middle of course, and watched a movie.

We watched a few movies before the boys started getting sleepy. They could barely keep their eyes open as I pulled them both to their rooms. After several minutes, I managed to get them in bed and tucked in, Hobi taking the longest; his normal ritual of not wanting to let go of me. I walked over to my room, a soft smile finding its way to my face as I thought about them.

It was times like this that I really like having hybrids around. I would be so lonely without them. They bring me so much happiness and it's crazy to think that I've only known them less than a month and I already care for them so much. What are these two doing to me?