Saved

Have you ever had to deal with a whiny child? If your answer is no, count yourself lucky because a whiny hybrid is so, so much worse. Granted, the tantrum is unnecessary, but the whiny pout is mind-numbingly adorable. On a baby, it's the cutest thing; on a hybrid, it's nearly heartbreaking. However, on my hybrids, it was soul-crushing. As one was being aggravatingly condescending, the other was a complete baby. Even Poseidon would be proud of the water spewing from his eyes at this moment.

'What's wrong? Who's crying?' You may be wondering. Well, I'll tell you.

It all started two days ago when Jin asked me out. Yes, you read that right. He asked me out. He wanted to go to the festival in town, but for some reason, he wanted it to be just us. Unbeknownst to me, Hoseok wanted another day at the park that weekend, the same day as the festival. I wasn't going to lie to him, but I also knew he'd be sad about not going.

With the weight of dream-crushing on my shoulders, I had to tell Hoseok that he could go with Yoongi, but when he asked why I wouldn't be there, I croaked and begrudgingly told him I'd be out with Jin. I decided to leave out the festival part because that'd be just cruel. He immediately began whining about wanting to go too. I tried reassuring him that Yoongi would love to go with him, but the bratty kitty snorted with the most derision he could muster and bolted from the room back to the safety of his 'den.'

I managed to change the subject, but he's been insanely pouty for the past two days. He ignores us all and only cuddles his purple pony. At breakfast this morning, he drew a sad face with his syrup. The thing about Hoseok is that no matter how upset he is, he still cares. I figured that out as Jin and I were leaving for the festival.

Yoongi was lounging on the couch watching some show, and Hobi sat curled up with his pony on the lounge chair, his cute pout on his lips. It hurts a little that he's ignoring me, but I can understand why. He was my first, and hybrids can get very attached to their owners.

I watched him sit there for a solid five minutes, constantly looking back and forth from the tv to me as I had finished dressing first and was sitting at the coffee table waiting for Jin. Apparently, his hair was misbehaving today, so it was taking longer to style. When he finally came down, Hoseok had sunk a little lower in the chair, his ears falling and his tail wrapping around his waist. I can tell he was jealous of Jin's hanbok seeing as it was a sparkly, pretty pink color; Jin's choice, and honestly, he's rocking it.

After bidding the two cats a solemn farewell, I stood up and walked towards the door with Jin on my heels when I felt a tug on my sleeve. I turned to see Hoseok looking at the floor, pony in hand and his cute little pout etched onto his face.

"Yes, Seokie?" I asked quietly.

".....be safe. Don't get lost, Y/N-ah. Hyung, you'll watch her, right? You know she has no sense of direction sometimes," He mumbled cutely, still not looking at us.

"Of course I will, Hobi. And I'll bring you back a prize. I'll bring you one too, Yoongi," he smiled at the leopard, who only grunted in return.

Hoseok nodded meekly and walked over to Yoongi's couch and sat in the corner near his feet, and went back to cuddling the pony. Yoongi didn't move, but his tail slid closer to Hoseok's and intertwined them. I smiled softly at the two and left with Jin.

At the festival, Jin was the perfect gentleman. He held my hand so I wouldn't get separated because there were a lot of people, he played all the games, and I mean all the games, winning most of them, and being the gentleman he is, he carried all the prizes he and I won. We even took pictures in the photo booth, and I suspect Jin enjoyed that the most. Mainly because after the first set of pictures were taken, the little dingus had the audacity to shoo me from the booth so that he could take some alone. In retaliation, I ate some of his food; he complained for a good two minutes before another food stall caught his eye.