Adventure Jitters

On the morning of the camping trip, the boys woke before Y/N, for once. Jin was up first, beaming with excitement as he jumped from his bed. As he remade his bed, possibilities of how the trip could go swirled around in his mind.

Will the tent get blown away? What if I fall in the lake? If there is a lake. What if I swallow a bug? That would be gross. What if one of us gets lost? Would Y/N come looking for us? I'm sure she would. What if her friends are mean? I really hope not.

More thoughts clouded his mind as he walked to Hoseok's room. Jin quietly pushed the door open and poked his head inside. Seeing that the sunshine boy was still asleep, Jin tip-toed over to his bed and leaned over ready to wake him. Jin pulled the duvet from the younger's face and stilled at the sight of the sleeping hybrid. Jin tilted his head a bit as he studied the boy's soft-looking face.

He's almost as handsome as me. His cheeks are squishy, too. Y/N must be feeding him well. ...... He almost looks too peaceful to wake. Oh well, too bad.

"Yah, Hoseok," Jin reached down and shook the young hybrid's shoulder. "Wake up. We gotta get ready for the trip."

It took a few more shakes but Jin managed to wake him. Hoseok sat up and stretched as a yawn escaped his lips.

"Good morning, hyung," Hoseok grumbled out, his voice thick from sleep.

"Good morning. Go ahead and get ready. I'm going to start on breakfast."

Hoseok hummed in reply as he got up and walked over to his bathroom. Jin left the room and headed down to the kitchen. After quickly washing his hands, he started going through the cabinets deciding what to make.

As Hoseok did his morning routine, he too found himself thinking of the camping trip. From everything Y/N told him about camping, he was getting really excited to try everything. His mind swirled with scenarios of his first bonfire, trying a s' more, and going hiking.

Being outside was something Hoseok loved. The trees, the crisp air, the wind, all of it. Mostly because he could run around without breaking anything. After Hoseok finished, he skipped down to the kitchen and sat at the island to watch Jin cook. After a few minutes, Hoseok spoke up.

"Hey hyung, when did you learn to cook?" Hoseok asked leaning on his hand.

"My old owner. Before she abandoned me, the kitchen was my happy place. At first, she was really nice when teaching me but when I would mess up she'd yell at me and hit me with the spoon. One day, she came home smelling yucky and started throwing stuff at me. She kept saying I was a bad cook. When she finally went to sleep, and I stopped crying, I remembered that humans had shows about cooking. I figured out how to work the TV and found a cooking show. Whenever she would leave or go to sleep, I'd watch the shows."

"Well, at least you got something worthwhile from that experience," Hoseok said smiling softly at Jin's back.

"Yeah, silver lining I suppose."

The boys smiled at each other falling into a comfortable silence as Jin continued cooking.

The smell of food woke Y/N from her dreamless sleep. Her eyes opened for a moment before closing again to block out the sunlight. She sat up with a yawn and stretched her limbs. Not wanting to leave her bed just yet, Y/N reached over and grabbed her phone to scroll to through social media.