New Territory

Namjoon POV

I guess Eun Jae was right when she said my life would be different now. 

A few hours ago, Eun Jae was alive, and I was just a house pet. Now, Eun Jae is gone, and I'm sitting in a hospital room wearing borrowed clothes waiting on Y/N to sign me out. She left her other hybrid here so I wouldn't be alone, but he was typing on his phone. He was much more attractive than me, but he had this calming aura, and I had to admire his physique. He was about my height, but he had broad shoulders and a nice jawline. His lips were much fuller than mine, and he looked healthy. There weren't many scars on him either, so Y/N must be a lovely owner. I hope that's true.

I started wondering what kind of person Y/N was. She loved books, so that was good. If Eun Jae liked her, she couldn't be that bad. She was pretty, and she smelled nice, much better than those dingles I used to live with. 

The other hybrid finally stopped typing and looked up at me. I quickly looked away so he wouldn't think I was staring. I w but not intentionally. I could feel the heat blossom on my cheeks when I heard him chuckle.

"I know I'm handsome. I don't mind you staring," he smiled, winking at me. I blushed harder and started playing with a loose string on the blanket.

"Sorry," I mumbled shyly.

"Don't be. Anyway, I think we should get to know each other a little. You are my new little brother, after all," he smiled. 

I gave a small smile back, and he stood to walk over to me. I nodded when he asked to sit next to me. 

"I'm Seokjin, but you can call me Jin Hyung. I'm the eldest in our family," he held out his hand to shake. I shyly shook his hand.

"I-I'm Namjoon. It's nice to meet you... hyung," I blushed when he cooed at me.

"You're so adorable. You're going to fit in great. I'm a dog hybrid, by the way. It's great to have another canine live with us finally. Felines are such sassy little things, but my brothers are charming, so it's okay," he laughed. His laugh was weird, but I'm already used to it. 

And that, kids, is how I met your mother.

(😂half sorry I've wanted to say that for a while)

Jin Hyung started rambling about the others, but it was nice just listening to him talk. He would roll his eyes, but he'd still be smiling; it was cute. Then, halfway through one of his stories, Y/N walked in, and his smile got impossibly bigger. She returned his smile and walked over to plant a kiss on his forehead, making his tail wag. She looked at me with those big eyes, and my heart swelled. If I was honest with myself, I wanted a kiss too, but I was too shy to ask. 

"You boys ready to go home?" she asked.

"Finally. Yes, please. I've got to get dinner started, and those hooligans have been texting me nonstop since I came back," Jin Hyung said, shaking his head.

"You didn't tell them, right? I want it to be a surprise." 

"No. I just told them you were fine, and you were just talking to your friend before she passed."

"Not completely true, but it'll do. Let's go; hospitals make me itchy," Y/N said, shivering a little.

Jin Hyung and I stood up, and I quickly adjusted the blanket and pillows out of habit. Then, the three of us walked out of the hospital and down to her car. I sat in the back so Jin Hyung could drive, plus I'd feel weird in the front seat. The drive was shorter than I thought, but we finally pulled up at her...house? Does she live in an apartment with five hybrids? How does that work? They're pretty rowdy from Jin's stories, so wouldn't there be noise complaints? Is this place even hybrid-friendly?