Day Ruined

It's been a few days since your fainting spell, but things were looking up. The boys were still worried about you fainting again, so they took it upon themselves to start helping around the house more. Jin made all the meals with a bit of help from the others when he let them; Yoongi took it upon himself to be your nightly sleep buddy 'to guard your dreams' as he put it. You had later read that cats slept together in the forests for protection, so you didn't mind. It was endearing to hear he wanted to protect you at your most vulnerable.

V got along famously with Jin, his favorite hyung. They were always playing dress-up in Jin's clothes. Yesterday, they put on a fashion show with you and Hobi as their judges. They both easily made top models, of course. Sometimes when Jin cooks, V can be spotted right by his side as his sous chef. He didn't let him cook much, but he was great at presentation.

V and Hobi were little balls of energy that you couldn't for the love of kimchi calm down, primarily for bedtime. Some nights you'd wake up to get a glass of water, and they'll be watching some drama on the sofa. Yoongi wasn't very fond of all the noise that would come from the two, but he'd merely grumble as he walked to his room. 

On Thursday, you awoke up a bit earlier due to V's tail tickling your cheeks. A soft chuckle left your lips as you swatted the tail from your face and watched it curl around Yoongi's waist. Then, carefully, to not wake the cats, you climbed from the bed and headed for the bathroom to get ready for work.

Soon you were dressed and quickly made your way to the kitchen. Jin was up now, preparing breakfast for his brothers. His ear twitched as you placed your bag on the counter before walking over to him, embracing him in a back hug.

"Morning Jinnie," you chirped.

"Morning cupcake. How did you sleep?" he asked, placing his free hand on yours.

"Pretty good. Yoongi and V almost cuddled me to death, but I can't complain," you chuckled.

"V totally, but Yoongi? That cat could sleep through an apocalypse if we let him," he laughed.

"You're not wrong," you smiled, stealing a few sausages before he could reprimand you and bolted for the door.

"See you later! Make sure you guys don't break anything. Love ya'!" You called to him, shoving your shoes on and heading out.

Your walk to work was quiet as usual. The birds were chirping away above you; the trees were starting to grow their leaves back, with a few puffy clouds in the sky. All in all, it was a pretty fantastic day. You texted Jin to take the boys for a walk later, not to spend such a lovely day sitting on the couch.

You walked into work and briefly greeted everyone as you walked to your desk. You started up your computers, sitting in your comfy oversized desk chair as you waited. Your eyes glanced around your desk at your various knick-knacks from over the years. There were very few things from your boys, little handmade crafts and pictures. One picture held your gaze longer, the picture you took soon after Yoongi's adoption. You smiled at your boys' happy faces, but one was missing. You'd have to add V soon; his box smile would fit perfectly with the rest.

You were brought out of your thoughts by the soft jingle from the doorbell. You glanced at the door, smiling briefly at the random teens that walked in. A few more people walked in before you turned back to your computer game. It was a pretty quiet day save for the clicks of keyboards and pens.