Swoon Over You

Author POV

To say Y/N was scared would be the understatement of the year. Yes, she was glad that she finally stood up to that jackass, but you can't face a fear only once and think you've got it. He kidnapped and starved her in a locked basement; you don't forget something like that. She shivered a bit from memory but took a deep calming breath as she looked around at the small storage room in which she had taken refuge from Seungri. The room was full of books that needed restoring (book covers and spines) or sewn back together. She usually was the one to do it, being the most detail-oriented, but she hadn't for a while.

Now though, she had a lot on her mind, and fixing books would be the perfect distraction. So, she sat down at the little desk, turned on some classical music, and worked on the books. A few hours later, she sat up and straightened her back, earning a few satisfying pops. Then, checking the time, she quickly stood and rushed up to the primary part of the library. She did a quick scan, sighing in relief when she didn't see Seungri anywhere and hurried over to her desk. Mrs. Choi had taken over after Y/N informed her she'd be in the basement (she texted), but the woman was, thankfully, nowhere around. Y/N had no desire to tell the older woman why she suddenly wanted to fix books.

Scooping up her things, Y/N straightened her desk and made a quick sweep of the library to make sure no one was still there. As she made it out the front doors, she heard two voices chatting. Well, more one than the other, but she could pick that cheerful voice from a lineup. She quickly looked up with a smile and walked over to the two figures standing next to the library. Namjoon heard her first and turned, smiling at her.

"Y/N," he called, Hoseok stopping mid-sentence as he looked over to smile too.

"Y/N-ie! How was work, sunshine?" Hoseok skipped over to her and embraced her in a hug. Unknown to Hobi, she winced in pain. The impact from the bookcase had left a bruise; she had checked.

"It was fine. How was your day? I see two members of my dear family have come to escort me home today," she smiled, walking over to a worried Namjoon.

Namjoon was happy to see her, but as he's used to watching everything, he had seen her slight look of discomfort over Hoseok's shoulder. However, his worry mostly faded as she hugged him too. Her scent was incredibly relaxing and slightly addictive.

"I-I won, but I didn't know where you worked, so H-Hobi Hyung came with me," Joon smiled.

"Well, I'm glad, but let's not make this a habit. I don't have your tags yet, and I'd hate to lose my sweet wolfie when I just got you," Y/N pouted, poking the boy's dimple. (it's my story, and I'm jealous. side note: if there are any ARMY's who have seen BTS up close or at a fan meet, please know you are living the dream😭)

"R-right. Sorry," Namjoon blushed.

"Don't be sorry, just be careful. Anyway, have you guys had dinner yet?"

"No. Jin was cooking when we left, so it should be ready by the time we get back," Hobi explained.

"Mm," she hummed.

Hobi reached out and grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together. Y/N smiled and locked their hands, swaying their hands playfully. Namjoon cracked a small smile at the two but kept walking. A moment later, he felt a warm hand slide into his. His eyes widened as he looked down and up to see Y/N smiling at him. He blushed heavily but squeezed her hand, loving the warmth she emitted.