New Form

Author POV of the Boys

The hybrid brothers continued their game of truth or dare for another hour, finally calling it quit when Namjoon tripped on the rug trying to dance. (love octopus dancing Joon 🤣)

"So, you've never shifted?" Hobi asked, taking a sip of juice.

"No. I didn't even know I could. Can you all shift?" Namjoon asked, looking at the others.

"Yeah. Most hybrids can shift Joonie," Jin said before shifting into his dog form.

"Wow! That's cool! You're pretty cute, Hyung," Namjoon smiled, gently petting Jin's head.

Jin barked and shifted back, returning to his seat on the couch.

"Thank you. At least one of you can recognize handsome," Jin smiled, winking at Joon, who blushed.

"Hey! I know what handsome looks like. I see it every day in the mirror," Tae said, making a 'v' under his right eye. (y' all know the move😏)

"Are you sure you weren't looking through my window?" Jin smirked.

"No. Why would I? Who wants to see, 'Oh, hello there. Aren't you handsome? Look at these cheekbones. They should be on a magazine with these gorgeous lips,'" Tae stood, mocking Jin's voice as he pretended to look in a mirror and made kissy noises.

The others chuckled at the young boy as Jin blushed.

"So you were spying on me! And I thought Jungkookie was the perv," Jin said, shaking his head.

"Hyung! 'm not a perv," Jungkook whined, hiding his face in his lap pillow.

"Of course not. You're my little bun-bun," Jin said, ruffling the youngest's hair.

"Anyway, do you want to learn? It's pretty easy," Yoongi said, smiling at the bunny who was trying to fix his hair.

"I-I uh y-yeah," the wolf answered.

"Alright, stand up," the elder instructed, sitting up to sit criss-cross on the couch.

Namjoon moved to stand in the center of the room, waiting for his hyung to tell him what to do. The excitement to change thrummed through his body. Would he be big? Small? Would he have long fur? Would it be itchy? Would shifting hurt?

"Alright. The process is easy, but you have to feel it. You've seen a normal wolf, right?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, so you have to imagine what it feels like to be a wolf. You can already feel your tail, but you have to embrace it, being on four legs instead of two, letting your animal instincts guide you instead of the human ones. Feel it," the elder instructed.

Namjoon nodded and closed his eyes. A mental image of a grey wolf popped into his mind, and he let his heart guide him. He let himself feel what it would be like to have four legs, rough pads on the bottom of his paws, sharp but smooth claws, strong legs covered in a warm fur. A soft fuzzy feeling drifted up from his fingertips, but he didn't open his eyes yet. Instead, he let that feeling spread everywhere, all the way to his tail and ears.