One of Us

After dinner, the boys and I cleared the table and Hoseok did the dishes while I took care of Jin's injuries. I finished quickly and sat next to Jin on the couch to watch a little tv. He seemed a little nervous so I put on something funny hoping it'll relax him. Soon after, Hobi came over and sat on the floor in front of me and laid his head on my lap. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair, playing with his ears a bit as I turned my attention back to the tv.

Throughout the movie, I kept hearing something like a small chuckle coming from Jin but I didn't say anything so he wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I could tell he really wanted to laugh because his cheeks and ears were so pink. I chuckled softly and tapped Hoseok's shoulder. He leaned his head all the way back and looked at me. I gestured with my eyes for him to look at Jin. Hobi looked over and smiled before getting up and sat in between us. Jin looked at him in confusion as Hobi leaned over to whisper something in his ear. Whatever it was, it made Jin crack. Jin let out the cutest windshield wiper laugh and started smacking the arm of the couch.
I couldn't help but smile when he laughed. He finally looked at peace and it made my heart swell with joy. There's something about seeing people smile and laugh that makes me happy too. Jin's laugh slowly died down a light chuckle and he sighed deeply, a big smile still on his face.

"Jin?" I called him and he looked over at me.

"Don't be afraid to laugh, especially with us. Hobi loves making me laugh and vice-versa. Families are meant to support each other and love each other. Sometimes that means making one of us laugh until we can't breathe. Never be afraid to be who you are. If you want to laugh, laugh as hard as you want. Make jokes and be silly if you want to. You haven't talked much since you've been here but your laugh shows how much happiness you have hidden deep in your heart. You might have had a hard life but now that you're here, you don't have to worry about any of that. If you're having a bad day, tell us. We'll do whatever it takes to comfort you. If I have to make sock puppets to hear that wonderful laugh, I'll do it. I want you to be yourself here, we won't judge you."

While I talked, both boys started to tear up. Hoseok smiled and hugged me tightly, his tail wrapping around my waist. I smiled and pet his head before looking at Jin who had his head down. I gently pushed Hobi off and went over to Jin. I gently put my hands on his cheeks and wiped his tears with my thumbs. More tears formed in his eyes and he suddenly wrapped his long arms around me. He was on his knees now and his face was pressed into my stomach. I could feel his tears soaking my shirt but I didn't care.

I gently placed my hand on his head and ran my fingers through his hair as I do for Hobi. His sobs slowly died down to a soft whimper and I pulled back a little to wipe his tears again and kissed the top of his head.

"Thank you," Jin said his voice cracking a bit.

"I'm happy to help, Jin. Now, it's getting late, we should all get some rest. The room you showered in is yours. Do you remember the way?" I asked wiping the rest of his tears as he nodded softly. I smiled and kissed the top of his head again before helping him up.

"Goodnight, Y/N, Hoseok."

"Goodnight Jin hyung! Sleep well," Hobi said smiling at Jin before skipping off towards the bedrooms.

"If you need anything don't hesitate to ask, okay?" I said smiling at Jin before walking off to my room.

I quickly grabbed some nightclothes and went to my bathroom to change. I came back out and walked over to my bed. I noticed a large lump under my blanket seemingly balled up. My head tilted a bit as I walked over to the bed and noticed a tuft of brown hair sticking out from the top of the blankets. I chuckled softly and shook my head at my playful hybrid. Hoseok often slept in my bed but I think with Seokjin being here, he might have felt a little threatened. I had a feeling he was trying to hide so I played along.