8

taehyung knew he wasn't straight. he had known for a while if he was being honest. he just wasn't sure if gay was what fit him. it seemed too dramatic... too much judging by the fact that he had never even met a guy that he'd actually want to date. minus a few guys he found cute in grade school, he had never really liked anyone in that way before. he never had his first kiss, never dated anyone, never been in love. taehyung always felt like he was missing out on something, always longing for something just out of his reach. he could look at men and find them attractive, think they were hot, but that didn't necessarily mean he was interested in them. he wondered if he just needed to meet the right person, but in the back of his mind he always wondered if he just wasn't into anyone at all. maybe he was just destined to be alone forever.

his thoughts were cut off when he finally made it back to jungkook's house. he had the best day talking and hanging out with jimin, but being out all day made him beyond tired and all he wanted to do now was go lay down.

he took a glance at the clock and saw that it was twenty till eight. his stomach grumbled loudly and he realized that he hadn't eaten anything all day. he figured he would have to put off sleeping for a little bit longer in order to get some food. luckily, he remembered a certain guy who had promised to provide him food him whenever he needed.

he quickly hopped off his bed and headed up the stairs to look for jungkook.

-

"jungkook?" tae whispered, after making it up the stairs, feeling scared that he might run into his father.

he walked around the corner and saw a big living room. when he glanced out the window beside the front door, he noticed only one car in the driveway. for the first time in his life he actually wanted jungkook to be the one nearby, knowing the alternative would be much worse.

he quietly ran up the stairs and came upon a huge loft area. the room looked like some big, fancy party room that you would only see in movies. there was a ridiculously huge flatscreen television on one side of the room, with different game tables like pool or foosball scattering the room. there were vinyls lined on one wall, and a bar on the other side of the room, with some fancy bottles of aged wines and rums on a wall shelf above the bar.

taehyung was in awe of the room— but at the same time very confused. none of it made sense. if jungkook had an unemployed, abusive, drunk as a father, where did all the money come from? how were they able to afford the luxury house, the expensive clothes, the game room, all of it.

he was quickly pulled from his thoughts when he saw jungkook walking down the stairs from the floor above- most likely where his bedroom was.

"what the fuck are you doing up here?"

taehyung hesitated.

"i- i was just looking for you," tae replied, with a bit of nervousness in his voice.

"and why would you be doing that?"

"because... i'm hungry."

"and i give a fuck because..?"

"because you promised you would bring me food."

"god dammit," jungkook said, rolling his eyes.

he started to walk downstairs, so tae assumed he should follow him.

-

once they made it down the steps, jungkook led him to a huge kitchen.

"what do you want?" he asked.

"uhm... whatever you're having is fine," tae said.

jungkook quickly opened up the fridge and took out some vegetables. he got out a cutting board and knife, then began cutting them on his own. he was doing fine, continuing to make the dinner- until taehyung interrupted him.