37

jungkook finished dropping tae off at jimin's and quickly drove off.

he was heading to jennie's house.

-

he nervously got out of his car and ran up to her front door. he sat there for a moment, hesitating on knocking.

"fuck it," he whispered, knocking on the door.

a pang of anxiety shot through him and he immediately wanted to turn around and drive away, but it was too late. someone was already answering the door.

"jungkook?"

"h-hello, mrs. kim," jungkook said, embarrassed.

"i haven't seen you around here for a while. did you and jennie work things out?"

"well, n-no. not exactly. i just wanted to come and talk to her."

"oh... okay. i'll go get her," the mom said, running off and shutting the door behind her.

she shouted upstairs,

"jennie, someone's here to see you."

jennie ran down the stairs, walking over to her mom.

"someone's here to see me?"

"yeah, he's outside," she said, smirking.

jennie ran over to the door and opened it up, gasping at who she saw.

"jungkook? what are you doing here?"

"i just wanna talk."

"well, i don't wanna talk to you. just go away."

"it will only take a minute. please."

jennie sighed, stepping out of her house and shutting the door behind her.

"you know, you have a lot of nerve showing up here, after everything you did," jennie said.

"i know. i came here to apologize. i treated you like shit. all the time. i don't think i could have been a worse boyfriend and you didn't deserve that. i had a lot going on in my personal life that i didn't tell you about and-"

"like what? you being gay?" jennie asked, coldly.

"what? that's not really what i was referring to, but-"

"but, you are gay, though. right?"

"i... yes. i am. but, did you not hear what happened? like... on the news and stuff?"

"no, i don't watch the news. what are you talking about?"

"never mind. it doesn't change anything. i shouldn't have treated you like that. it doesn't matter what was going on with me. i'm not the same guy i was when i dated you and you need to know that i'm sorry."

jennie just stood there, looking at him. jungkook waited a couple of seconds for a response, but when he didn't get one, he started walking towards his car.

"wait," jennie said.

jungkook turned around.

"yeah?"

"i'm sorry, too."

"for what? you don't need to apologize."

"yes, i do. i acted like a bitch. i tried to push you into stuff that i knew you didn't want to do. i should've just backed off and broken up with you if i wasn't happy. i guess i was just upset. i really liked you and couldn't understand why you didn't feel the same way."