30

tae was just sitting there in disbelief, wondering what to do.

then, all of a sudden, jungkook walked in, a big brown bag of food in his hands.

"hope you're hungry. i got those things you like..," jungkook said, struggling to remember the name, "i forget what they're called. what was it again, the little things filled with cream cheese?"

tae just sat there, not listening to a word he said.

"wontons. that was it," jungkook said, setting the bag down on the counter.

jungkook finished pulling all the food out of the bag and setting it on the table, then turned over to look at tae.

"hey, are you okay?"

"y-yeah. i'm fine. let's just eat."

tae got up and walked over to the food. he only got a little, knowing he couldn't stomach any food right now anyways. jungkook got his food as well and they both walked over and sat back down on the bed.

"are you sure you're okay? you look like you're gonna be sick."

"y-yeah. i-i just... i need to talk to you."

"if this is about the food, you don't have to eat it. i can go get something else, i just thought-"

"no, it's not about the food,"

"o-oh. then what's it about?"

tae thought it over for a minute. he could either spill everything that he had heard on the phone or break up with him. those were the only two options. there was a chance that jungkook's dad was gone and that he wouldn't know that tae had told him, but it was way more likely that his dad was keeping an eye on them. listening. watching. he decided he didn't have a choice. he wasn't about to risk jungkook's life over it. tae would figure something out and they would get through it. it was just going to suck for a while.

tae wanted to say it strongly. he wanted to just say it and get it over with. he didn't wanna get upset or look sad, but he couldn't stop the tears. he tried to quickly hide them with his hands, but jungkook saw and rushed over to him.

"are you okay? what happened?"

"i just... i can't do this anymore," tae wept out, unconvincingly.

"you mean this hotel? i thought it was kinda nice, but if you wanna-"

"no, not the hotel."

"oh... then what?"

"i just need a break from... us," tae said, more tears flowing out of his eyes. he didn't want to break up with jungkook, ever. it was the hardest thing he ever had to do, but he knew he needed to be strong. he wiped the tears off his face and tried his best to be firm.

"what do you mean? did yoongi put you up to this? i swear to god, i'm gonna-"

"no, it was just me. i think we should just take a break."

"is this about the sex? is it not working for you? cause i can change. i'll do anything you want. i'll even fucking bottom if that's what it ta-"

"no, stop. it's not the sex either."

"then what is it? whatever it is, i'll fix it."

"you can't just fix it. remember how yoongi told you that it was getting toxic? well that's how i feel, too."

tae knew that would hurt him, but he had to say something harsh, because jungkook was so sweet and willing to change anything for him.

"what do you mean? we literally just eat, sleep, hang out, and go to school. what's toxic about that?"

"what we do together isn't toxic... you are."

"what? you mean that?"

"...yes."

"this isn't you."

"yes, it is," tae said, standing up and getting further away from jungkook.

"just tell me who's making you do this. i can stop it."

"it's nobody, jungkook. just me."

"it can't be you," jungkook said, a few tears bottled up in his eyes.

"well, it is. just go away," tae said, voice cracking.

"what? so you're just gonna dump me and keep on living in this nice ass hotel that i pay for? how are you gonna get food? or a ride to school?"

"i'll figure that out on my own. it's not that hard."

jungkook walked over to taehyung and leaned in, pushing his lips firmly against his. taehyung almost gave in, but ended up pushing him away, harshly.

"you love me," jungkook said, looking at him with pure confusion and sadness radiating off his face.

"i- just go. please."

"no. look me in the eyes and say it. say you don't love me and then i'll leave."

"jungkook, just go away. give me some space."

"then say it. if you really want me gone then say it."

"i-"

"yeah?"

"i don't-" taehyung stopped, thinking through what he was about to say.

it was the hardest thing he ever had to do and the back of his throat was burning, but he knew he had to stay strong. he was doing it to keep jungkook safe and he needed to remember that.

"i don't love you," taehyung said, firmly, desperately trying to say it without crying.

the room went completely silent. jungkook just stared at him, a completely heartbroken look on his face.

jungkook grabbed his phone and wallet, quickly heading to the door. he almost just walked off, but stopped when he realized he still had something to say.

"well... i love you. call me when you wanna stop acting like a dumbass."

he slammed the door harshly.

and suddenly, tae was all alone.

silence.

he just stood there for a moment, shocked at what he had done.

in just a moment, they went from having a perfectly beautiful, happy, loving relationship-

to nothing.

he emotionlessly walked over and laid down on jungkook's side of the bed. as soon as he hit the pillow, tears began pouring out. they were uncontrollable and he couldn't stop them from falling. he felt empty without jungkook there and he felt horrible that he had hurt him. he was also terrified that jungkook's dad would end up hurting him.

tae cried himself to sleep that night, feeling scared and lonely.

_____________________________

iM sO sad JDJDNDJD

also sorry for the short chapters lately, i'll upload a thicc one soon 👀