23

the next day, taehyung woke up, seeing a sleepy jimin laying next to him.

jimin was rubbing temples and yawning.

"how are you?" tae asked.

"ugh- my head hurts."

"i'm so sorry, chim. i feel like i ruined your birthday."

"ruined it? no, definitely not. it was actually really fun. that is, until... you know. but that wasn't your fault."

that's when everything with jungkook came back to him. his drunken mind was very emotional. tae remembered using the kitchen knife to cut himself. he had made some pretty deep marks on his skin, that were a bit concerning. he also remembered going to see jungkook and what he saw. he felt the jealous and slightly heartbroken feeling sink back to the pit of his stomach, mixed with some embarrassment when he remembered how he had reacted.

"shit. i cried. i fucking cried in front of him and his girlfriend. i'm such a bitch."

"girlfriend? wait... i thought you guys like kissed and stuff? is he not gay?"

"oh, he's gay. just has a really hard time coming to terms with it."

"well, what are you gonna do?"

"first, i'll talk to him about what happened. if all goes well, then i'm gonna get him back."

"wait- what? how?"

"i'll pretend to be with someone else. then he'll get jealous and be all over me."

"wait, you still wanna be with him?"

"of course i do. i've worked so hard for this, i'm not just gonna give up now."

"okay... well who's gonna be your fake boyfriend?" jimin asked.

"well, i was thinking... you."

"what?"

"yeah, why not"

"tae, i already... have someone," jimin said, the mere thought of namjoon bringing a smile to his face.

"yes, i know. you can tell him it's just to make this guy jealous. mr. kim knows we're just friends anyways."

"i-i don't know. are you sure about this?" jimin asked, clearly worried.

"one hundred percent. you just gotta show up at our hotel room, pretend to be my boyfriend, then leave. it won't be long."

"alright, fine. i'm only doing this cause i love you, though. just remember that."

"awesome! let's go," tae said, grabbing jimin's arm and starting to pull him out of the bedroom.

"woah, hold on. if i'm gonna be your fake boyfriend, then i need to look presentable," jimin said, running to his closet.

"ugh, make it quick."

-

after jimin freshened up, he and taehyung headed out to the car.

they hopped in and taehyung immediately turned on the radio.

"boy with luv? lame" tae said, changing the channel.

-

after what felt like an hour drive, they finally arrived at the hotel.

"okay, i'm gonna go up. when i send you a text, come knock at the door," tae said, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"a-alright," jimin said, nervously.

"don't forget we're dating. also, it's room 207."

"okay, good luck."

"thanks, babe," tae said, jokingly.