29

it was around five o'clock that night after tae and jungkook got back from school. they were cuddled up on their bed, talking.

"he's a fucking dick, jungkook. if he doesn't wanna be your friend then it's his loss," tae said.

jungkook had just finished telling tae what had gone down with yoongi and taehyung really wasn't happy about it.

"no, tae. it's my fault. he's been a good friend to me since i was a kid and i fucked that up. i never listened or appreciated him when he was there for me."

"that's ridiculous. i know you. i used to see you guys together all the time. you were always by his side."

"yeah, but that doesn't mean i never acted like a dick or screwed him over before. he didn't deserve that."

"...then what are you gonna do?"

"i think first i'll give him some space. then later i'll do what you said and talk to him."

tae smiled at the fact that jungkook remembered his advice and was now using it.

"good idea."

a silence fell upon them and tae dug his head into jungkook's abs lightly, trying to get comfortable while laying on him.

"it's going to get late pretty soon, tae. i'll go pick us up some food," jungkook said, hopping up and grabbing his wallet, leaving tae without a place to rest his head.

"alright, thanks. hurry back."

jungkook agreed and walked out the door.

-

almost ten minutes had passed since jungkook had left to pick up food and taehyung was just laying on the bed, scrolling through jungkook's phone, while he waited for his return. jungkook had accidentally left his phone at the hotel, and tae was taking advantage of the time to play with all of jungkook's games that he had downloaded.

he was about to click on a different game to play when an unfamiliar number started calling him.

he assumed that he should just ignore it, but a part of him was telling himself to answer the call, fearing that something bad might have happened and that it could be jungkook. he pressed the answer button and waited for someone to speak up.

as soon as he pressed answer, he was met with a piercing silence on the other end. that is, until an eerie voice spoke up.

"i'm surprised you picked up."

tae knew that voice the second he heard it.

it was jungkook's dad.

"t-this isn't jungkook."

"i know. you're his little fuck buddy."

"i-i'm not a fuck buddy. i'm his boyfriend. and you need to stop calling him. he's finally starting to turn his life around and he doesn't need you getting in the way of that."

"what? a dad can't call his son to see how he's doing?"

"no, you can't. and while you're at it, cut the 'perfect daddy' crap. you're lucky he didn't call the cps on you a long time ago," tae said, feeling less nervous and more angry.

"well, jungkook sure did pick up a bitchy one, didn't he? you better shut the fuck up and remember who you're talking to. you wouldn't want jungkook to not make it home with dinner tonight, would you?"

tae's stomach immediately dropped.

how did he know jungkook was out getting dinner?

"w-what do you want?" tae asked, feeling very nervous again.

"i want you to break up with him."

"w-what? why? what's that gonna do for you?"

"like i said, i don't want a faggot as a son. also, if you break up with him, he'll leave that stupid fucking hotel and come back to his fucking house, where he belongs."

"you just want your punching bag back, you don't care about him. besides, even if we did break up, he would never go back to your house. ever. he never wants to see you again."

"the fuck do you know? he was fine here until you showed up."

"fine? you... you hurt him. bad. you're an abuser. you-"

"watch your fucking mouth. the boy needs to be with his dad. break up with him or i'll do way worse than just beat him."

taehyung just sat there and thought over what the man said.

"w-what if i call the cops? you can't hurt jungkook from jail."

"he's inside the chinese restaurant across from your hotel. he's sitting in a chair by the window, waiting for your food. i have a great view of him with a gun in my hand. do you really wanna take that fucking chance right now? if you call the cops, then i got nothing to lose. i can shoot him. is that what you want?"

tae immediately gasped, panicking at the thought.

"no! no. just go home and don't do anything. i'll break up with him."

"you've got the rest of the night. if you two are still together tomorrow, then i'll kill him."

"o-okay."

"also, jungkook better not find out about this little chat. otherwise, i can always turn to hurting your little friend. jimin, is it?"

"how do you-"

"just remember.., i'm always watching."

jungkook's dad ended the call and tae was left with a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

______________________________

UH OH