28

tae walked out of his third-hour class and headed to lunch.

when he got there, he desperately searched for jimin. he hadn't talked to him since the night they made jungkook jealous and he was desperate to see how he was doing.

he glanced over at their usual table and saw jimin looking right at him. he didn't jump up and wave for him like he usually did and that worried taehyung. he ran over to him quickly, wondering what was wrong.

jimin stood up and gave tae a big hug, holding him tightly.

"what's wrong? are you okay?" tae asked.

"no. these last few days have been awful," jimin said, tears filling his eyes.

"wait- what? what happened?"

"well, first i told namjoon about how we kissed and he got all sad and stuff. he's not mad at me or anything... it just made me feel really bad. then my mom found my girls clothes and now she thinks i'm having sex and i can't just say, 'no, i'm gay and i've been cross dressing'... and i don't know what to do-"

tears were streaming out of jimin's eyes and he was out of breath. 

"shhh calm down, jimin. i'm gonna go talk to mr. kim and apologize. it was my fault, anyway. and then we can figure out the thing with your mom. it'll be okay."

"b-but my d-dad get's back this weekend.
w-what if she tells him?" jimin asked, more tears rolling down his cheeks.

"i promise you, she won't. we'll figure something out," tae said, hugging him again.

"here, just sit down."

they both sat down and tae handed him the napkin that was sitting with his lunch. jimin grabbed it, softly wiping the tears off his face.

"i'm just gonna run and talk to mr. kim for a second. i'll be right back."

jimin put his hands over his face, nervously as a few more tears escaped his eyes. he just gave tae a little nod and watched as his friend ran off to mr. kims room.

-

once he got there, he knocked gently, his anxiety kicking in.

a few seconds later, namjoon opened the door.

"oh... hello, taehyung. what can i help you with?"

"can i just come in for a second? i have some questions about the homework."

namjoon opened up the door wider, making space for taehyung to walk in.

namjoon walked over and sat down by his desk.

"so, what part of the homework do you need help with?" he asked, obviously feeling a bit awkward.

"look, i don't really need help with the homework."

"oh..," namjoon said, pausing and looking up at him, "what's up?"

"i-i know wh-"

"if this is about jimin, i don't think-"