CHAPTER 17: MEETING GRUMPY FOWLER

No one's p.o.v

The doors opened and Agent Fowler walked out with a scowl on his face making his upset mood very evident.

"Well someone's grumpy today." Miko said.

Evelyn looked at him from the rec-center and was admittedly, a bit disappointed at what she saw. When the Autobots said special agent she expected an athletic man wearing sunglasses and a fancy suit with very masculine features, instead she saw a tanned skin man in, what she estimated, his mid 40s with curly black hair.

He had a square jaw and a bit of a pot belly and wore a blue grey dress jacket over a white button-up collared shirt with a black and yellow tie. He also wore a pair of matching blue-grey slacks.

He looked like the kind of guy you'd find working at a desk job rather than the government.

'Then again, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Who knows? Maybe there's more to him than I think.' Evelyn mused to herself.

"Hello, Prime." Agent Fowler greeted Optimus.

"Agent Fowler." Optimus greeted back with a simple nod. "I take it you are here because?"

"Well it's been brought to my attention about numerous reports two nights ago about a potential shootout happening at an abandoned factory near the outskirts of town. Reports state they saw 'laser beams'." Agent Fowler said.

At that, Evelyn once again opened her Geography workbook and buried her nose in it finding it very fascinating all of a sudden.

"And on a particular note, a recent report of a speeding custom Indy 500 Mclaren MP4-12C racecar of unknown make." The special agent added.

Smokescreen suddenly took a great interest at the left side of the base wall.

"So, anything to get off your tin chests?" he asked the members of Team Prime and leaned forward on the railing slightly.

Evelyn didn't want them to take the blame to what was technically her fault. So she got up and stepped forward. "Actually the shootout was kinda my fault." She admitted.

"Lincoln's beard!" Agent Fowler said with a start. He hadn't paid close attention to the rec-center and hadn't noticed Evelyn.

"Another civilian?! You brought another civilian into this?!" he hissed at the bots.

"Um.....I'm right here, you know?" Evelyn said. "Look, I already get the gist of what's going on. The bots have filled me in and I've seen the cons firsthand. Trust me; I'm not here for show."

"Evelyn was a key witness during this 'shootout', hence we have reason to believe the Decepticons might already know of her existence. That is why she is now under our protection." Optimus explained to the upset agent calmly.