CHAPTER 36: HOSTAGE VII; THE RANSOM

Smokescreen's p.o.v

I slowly woke up from my recharge and got up groggily. I ran a servo over my faceplate and noticed that I was on my berth in my berthroom.

'That's strange, I thought I was supposed to be at Eve-' my thoughts were brought to a halt when I remembered that Eve wasn't here..........she was still kidnapped.

I groaned and wished I hadn't woken up. I rather stay in recharge than have to wake up and face this nightmare of a reality.

Until now we've found no trace of MECH agents or cons. No calls or messages have been made either. So far, there hasn't been a ransom or anything so either they just kidnapped Miko and Eve to torture us or because they......they....

I shook my helm and smacked myself. No, don't think like that. I have to stay positive; Eve would want me to do that. She'd want me to do my best.

She's counting on me.

And I'm going to get her back....even if it kills me.

Meanwhile back on the Nemesis......

Third person's p.o.v

Evelyn covered her mouth with her hand to stifle a yawn. She looked over and saw her cousin was still sleeping on the floor.

Miko slept on her side, with her hands tucked under her head to make a more or less tolerable pillow.

They had decided that staying up 24/7 waiting anxiously and keeping their bodies tensed up wouldn't do them any good. They needed to rest, getting tired or worse; sleep deprived wouldn't do any good. They had to keep their minds and bodies sharp and to do that, they needed rest.

Once again, they were glad they had each other. This way, one of them could get some sleep while the other stayed awake and kept watch. They would each stay up for an hour or two then switch.

Right now, Evelyn didn't know what time it was. Was it morning, afternoon, dawn, evening or night? Where were they even? Were they still hovering over Jasper or were they flying over Timbuktu? Were they even on Earth?

Evelyn once again gazed at her phone that was by the table. So far, Knockout had been too busy with his paint job and double-checking his equipment to toy with it.

If she could get him to slip-up and activate the app, or even better, get him to give back her phone then they could call for help. But Knockout was honestly smart; he wasn't stupid he might see straight through it.

Maybe she'll have a better shot with Breakdown.

She was snapped out of her planning when she heard a yawn. Turning around, she saw Miko was slowly waking up.

"Morning to you too.....or maybe its afternoon or evening, I honestly don't know." Evelyn said.

"Yeah. So, what'd I miss?" Miko asked.

"Nothing and I'm not sure if that's a good thing." Evelyn said.

They've both waited and waited, mentally preparing themselves for the torture the cons might put them through in some sort of interrogation to gain information on the Autobots but so far....they haven't done anything.

It was as though Miko and Evelyn weren't even there. The vehicons that passed by barely even glanced at them. The only cons who seemed to even bother were Knockout and Breakdown.