CHAPTER 42: FEELINGS

Smokescreen's p.o.v

Five more days have passed and the next thing I know, it's almost the weekend again.........

Okay, I am in a major crisis right now. There has gotta be something wrong with me. Why am I saying this? Well that's because I've noticed that my body has been acting weird lately...a lot. Especially whenever Eve is with me.

It doesn't make sense! I don't know why but everytime I see that beautiful smile of hers, my internal temperature regulators go haywire, my faceplate becomes red and my spark beats faster.

I don't get it! Why is this happening to me?! I keep on noticing little things about Eve like how she sometimes reads a novel like a classic old school type or a modern thrilling adventure type and how she sometimes tucks a stray lock of hair behind her ear when she feels sly and how she- ok, what?! Now I sound like some kinda creep!

I mean, it's not that I hate Eve. It's anything but that! I like her...a lot. I really enjoy her company and she's so cool and confident and funny and cheerful and pretty and, wait why do I keep thinking that?!

Do the others feel this way? Does Arcee, Bumblebee or Bulkhead feel like this whenever Jack, Raf or Miko is with them? I don't think so. I don't see their faceplates go all red and they always act like their usual selves.

But me? Whenever I hear Eve compliment me....I get this feeling- a feeling that fills me with determination to keep pushing on, to improve myself and become better for her. I realized I really do care for her, maybe even more than the other bots. I'd give my life for her.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I need help. I considered going to the doc but he's cranky and old and I doubt he'd know feelings. He's smart but his knowledge doesn't exactly extent to feelings and emotions.

Optimus? Nah, he's probably got bigger things to worry about than a mechling's confusing feelings.

Arcee? Nope, she isn't an expert on these kinda things either.

Bee? Nah, he's too young.

Bulk? Nu-uh I doubt he'd know about stuff like this. He wasn't a rocket scientist; I doubt he was a therapist either.

That only left our human allies; Jack, Raf or Miko. No way am I asking Eve about this, she might think its weird-she might think I'm weird! And I do not need that on my conscience.

Welp, Miko is out of the question, she'd never let me hear the end of it. And Raf? The kid was smart but even I know this is way out of his expertise.

Thus, the only suitable candidate left is Jack.

So, when the weekends came and Eve was busy playing a duet with Miko, I went over to Jack.

"Jack, can I talk to you? In private?" I asked.

Jack blinked, he was probably surprised. "Um....sure." he said.

"Hey, Arcee? I'm goanna borrow Jack for a bit." I said.

"Don't do anything stupid and if I see so much as a word of the two of you on social media again........" Arcee let it hang and sink in.

"Don't worry, we don't plan on going anywhere." I said.

I brought Jack to my berthroom and placed him on my berth.