CHAPTER 38: HOSTAGE IX; RESCUE!

Evelyn and Miko kept glancing towards the doors nervously. They were waiting for either one of these two options.

Option A- Megatron walks in and takes them to the designated coordinates for the trade.

Option B- the Autobots storm through the doors and rescue them.

They were really hoping Option B would happen.

Evelyn didn't know how long it's been since she sent the message and their location, nor did she know if the message even got through.

'What if it didn't? What if the message got intercepted? What if the cons found out about it?' she asked herself.

"Don't worry, Eve. The bots will come through for us." Miko said. She was also trying to convince herself at the same time. 'C'mon Bulk, where are you?' she asked as she chewed her lip nervously.

"I know." Evelyn said. 'When they'll come is what I'm worried about.' She thought. She wished she had a watch to know how long it's been and how much time is left until they were taken to make the trade.

'Stop that, do you really think Smokes will let you down like that?' Evelyn told herself.

She looked over at Miko and they both nodded with a steely resolve in their eyes and a strong faith in them.

Their guardians will come for them. They were sure of it.

**************************************************

Optimus, Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Smokescreen drove through the groundbridge and in seconds, they were standing in one of the hallways on the Nemesis.

Instantly, the lingering vehicons froze at their sudden appearance. Before they could react, Optimus had already shot their helms off.

In the blink of an eye, dozens of vehicons had surrounded them.

"Move it glitch-heads!" Smokescreen said as he flipped over a con and grabbed him by the helm. Gripping the sides, Smokescreen threw him over his body and the vehicon crashed into three other cons.

"Smokescreen go find the girls!" Optimus ordered as he thrusted his sword through a vehicon's spark chamber.

"Already on it!" Smokescreen said using the Phase Shifter, he easily phased through the cons and ran ahead.

"Be careful, they might try to use the girls as a shield!" Bulkhead called after him.

"Noted. Don't worry I'll get Miko back for ya." Smokescreen shouted back.

"I'm holding you onto that!" Bulkhead replied.

"What's going on out there?" Knockout asked noticing the commotion outside the med-bay. He turned on the screen and saw the surveillance. Knockout's optics widened when he realized it was the Autobots.

But Miko and Evelyn's hopes soared. "The Autobots!" Evelyn gasped as she pressed her hands against the glass. "They're here."

"Oh you buggers are screwed now." Miko said as she grinned.

They heard a crash. They slowly turned towards the door....

Outside, Smokescreen was almost at the doors....until a con jumped in front of him.

"Out of the way!" Smokescreen yelled. He tackled the vehicon and while he smoothly phased through the doors, he released the vehicon leaving him trapped in the wall.