CHAPTER 39: I'M HOME

Optimus, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Smokescreen alongside Evelyn and Miko sped through the groundbridge and came to a halt back at the Autobot base.

Instantly, Arcee, Ratchet, Jack and Raf surrounded them in worry.

"Did you find them?" Jack asked.

In response, Bulkhead and Smokescreen's doors opened up and Miko and Evelyn came out.

"Eve! Miko!" Raf cried. Raf and Jack ran forward and Evelyn and Miko nearly fell back when the two boys crashed into them before their arms embraced them in a hug.

"You're back!" Jack cried in relief.

"Thank god, we were so worried! We thought the cons might've gotten you." Raf said, his voice muffled against Evelyn's shirt.

"It'll take a lot more than a bunch of tin cans to put us down." Miko said.

"Plus luck was on our side." Evelyn said. "Lots of luck."

"Thank the AllSpark." Ratchet muttered in relief. "Are the two of you hurt? Have you any injuries?" he asked.

"Do you guys have food and water?" Evelyn asked suddenly becoming aware of how parched her throat was and how her stomach was ravenous.

"The cons aren't exactly the best at hospitality." Miko said.

Jack and Raf took them to the rec-centre and sat them on the couch. Jack passed them each a water bottle from the cabinet and Raf handed them some energy bars.

Evelyn and Miko finished off half the bottle in three chugs each and wolfed down the energy bars.

"Thanks mate." Evelyn said giving Raf a grateful smile.

"Wish you guys could've seen how Eve here kicked Screamer's optic, boy was he pissed." Miko snickered.

"She did?" Bulkhead asked.

"Yeah, we learned a good few things while we were there." Evelyn said. A 'look' passed between her and Miko.

'Talk later.' Miko mouthed.

Evelyn gave the tiniest nods in acknowledgement.

"What happened while you were there?" Jack asked.

"Did you hear of any plans the Decepticons have?" Optimus asked.

Evelyn and Miko took one more sip of water before recounting their.....'trade' to Airachnid and their 'stay' on the Nemesis with the Decepticons.

"Airachnid gives me the creeps." Miko said with a small shudder as she remembered the Decepticon femme.

"I met Lord Buckethead for the first time. Can't say I'm surprised you and him aren't exactly besties." Evelyn told Optimus.

"Megatron wasn't always like that." Optimus said with a hint of sadness to his baritone voice. "Putting the past aside, are you certain that is all?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Miko said.

"Actually there is something I want to admit." Evelyn piped up.

"And that is?" Optimus asked.

"Well...." Evelyn paused and thought about how to put it. "Miko and I...we talked to Knockout and Breakdown for a bit and.......in all honesty, I think they're pretty decent." She said.