CHAPTER 65: SMILE!

Smokescreen's p.o.v

I opened my optics and sat up groggily. I winced a bit as I sat up, not goanna lie my door wings still ached a bit whenever I moved but it was definitely more tolerable.

I accessed my internal chronometer and was surprised that I was up at 8 in the morning. Huh, memory serves I didn't have to be up this early since I didn't have to send Eve to school today, it was a weekend.

Then I remembered what day it was today. Yes, according to the doc, today I should be in the clear to go back to using my alt-mode and picking up Eve but today is more than that. I've decided and I've made up my mind and today I'm going to stand by my choice.

Today I'm going to tell Eve I love her.

Yup, today's the day I confess to Eve.

.....okay as my processor so kindly reminded me of that, I suddenly stood up and it felt as though I just drank half a dozen cubes of energon- the ones where they actually have more taste and can give you actual adrenaline energy.

"Ok....ok.....calm down, just stay calm. Stay cool. You've got this." I told myself as I paced my berthroom. I took deep breaths and tried to calm my racing spark that was currently thumping so hard, it felt as though it might pound through my plating and rip open my spark chamber.

I shook my helm and ran a servo over my faceplates. I decided to go through my plan again. It was simple- go to Paris for 'patrol' with Eve, find a nice spot that's away from prying human eyes and confess to her.

The good thing about being injured and having to stay back at base via doc's orders is that I get a lot of free time. I did some research using Google, which was becoming quite a dependable tool on Earth, and decided to confess to Eve in Paris.

Why Paris of all places? Well I've got a good few reason. One of them is mostly because Eve wanted to go there. She said she only went there once when she was 3 and could barely remember anything so she wanted to go again.

I'm not surprised by her choice. I did some research and learned that Paris is actually not half bad. It's got pastries and literature- two of her favorites.

And because Paris is apparently also called the City of Love.

.......yeah I know, I know. But hey, why not?

Sides' why not add a little flashiness to it all. I mean, of course I won't go over the top. It's not like there will be fireworks and doves flying off in the sky or anything.

But I'm still nervous. The last time I felt this nervous was when I had to take the final test to see if I was qualified to officially join the ranks of the Elite Guard.

I took a deep vent to calm my nerves. I had to keep calm. I've only got one shot at this, best to make it count.

Ok, time to do a review on what I'll say.

I straightened my back struts and tried to look as confident as possible. "Hey.....Eve? T-there's something I have to tell you, I....I....nah, no no, that's too straightforward." I said then I paced around a bit.

C'mon, I already thought this over last night, why's it so hard now?!

"Yo, Eve, I hafta tell you something.....no, no that's way too casual." I said. I know I shouldn't go too far but this isn't exactly a joking matter to me!