18.

Before entering the hospital I checked my mirrors and tried to look somewhat decent. I grabbed a coat I had in the backseat and tried to cover myself best as possible. I took a deep breath. I walked in and looked at the directory and went to the maternity ward where I thought best was going first. When I was there i asked a man who was the receptionist.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Hi... um my sister should be here?"

"Name" he responded looking at his computer ready to type.

"Jennifer kimberly"
"Um... my name is Cindy kimberly, I'm her sister" I added.

He then proceeded to check my I.D.

"So what you're going to do is go straight, she's in room 246 and that should be on the right side. I'm not positive if the baby is with her or is in the newborn nursery."

"Oh okay, thank you" and with that I walked ahead making my way.

I knocked softly and opened the door to see my mom who was relieved to see me, and my brother and my sister were asleep.

"Hi mi niña.." she hugged me tightly

"Hi mama" I held her close to me and rubbed her head.

"Where's the baby?" I said softly

"Over here.. come"

I followed and the baby was just besides my sister.

"He didn't need special care or anything ? Like help breathing or anything?"

"'No gracias a dios... he's healthy just tiny, very tiny"

I looked at him. He was asleep and peaceful. To think I just seen Jenni and Kevin a couple days ago. He was so precious.

I looked up at my mom and asked her "what about Kevin?"

"I don't know... we were at my house and he went out for chips and he took longer than usual and.. and I don't know next thing we know we get a call from the hospital. Y tu que no me contestas (you didn't answer your phone) And I don't know men shot him 4 times. Te dije... I don't like gangs. I knew he was affiliated. I told you so many times before the baby that he was trouble."

"Well you can't tell that to Jennifer... how's she doing?"

***TRIGGER WARNING (just in case)***
"Muy mal... hay se hasta hablando que no queire vivir (she's talking about not wanting to be alive)

"Cindy?" I immediately looked over to her and rushed to her.

"Hi baby... how are you?" I rubbed her forehead.

"Kevin's gone" she started breaking down whining uncontrollably.
"I don't want this baby... I want kevin back" she sobbed

"Sh... don't say that. A baby is a blessing and you have a part of him forever. He's so cute and little."