Chapter 16 the earth's darling

Imaging things is much easier then facing them in reality.

ashvining

Well, truth to be told, everyone had been tried seeing the cold and dominating face of the queen of gods after a thousand of the years.

There was no change of emotion on the beautiful face, so a change was highly appreciated.

But a sobbing Hera was certainly not a nice change, so naturally, all gods were highly disturbed, as far as they could remember Hera had never cried even when Zeus had cheated on her countless times, neither when she got punished by Zeus for trapping in unbreakable and tightening golden chains or given birth to a crippled son and an overconfident god of war who was scared from jars.

She was not only sobbing she was wailing. Her acts were justified after hearing the reason.

A while ago Hera had spilled out everything. Athena had always suspected something, the queen spends most of her time in her palace. Her mood had improved for a few years but that doesn't mean that she smiled and laughed but she looked like she was in a good mood. It was more what they have hoped for. Now the reason for Hera's good mood is gone.

Her train of thoughts was halted when she heard her father's yell.

"YOU RAISED A CHILD?!." Her father was still not clear. It was like after reciting stories of Greek gods and then asking who was Zeus.

"I HAD ADOPTED HIM."

" YOU DEFIED ME AND RAISED A BRAT."

"HOW DARE YOU CALL HIM A BRAT."

" I AM THE KING OF GODS."

"YOU HAD CHEATED ON ME MILLIONS OF TIMES."

" IT WAS JUST A FEW HUNDREDS."

" YOU PROMISED ME YOU WILL NEVER GO AFTER YOUNG WOMEN, BUT YOU ARE LESS THAN A FAITHFUL HUSBAND."

"I WILL KILL THAT BOY."

Almost immediately Hera grabbed the collar of his expensive business suit and pulled it towards her so that his face was mere inches away from her own beautiful face, his narcissism had a dent now, Athena noted that. A plus point was that in this overall act Hera had gained confidence it of being against Zeus standing alone, while all gods could not even recover from their shock. The old Hera was a shadow of the new one.

You can say anything about me but you are not allowed to say anything against him if I caught you be ready to get your tongue burned from the greek fire.

She loosened her hold and dropped his collar he slumped against his throne. Everyone knew that Zeus could never forget this public humiliation. Hera will pay for that. He said nothing. His face expressed barely controlled rage.

"WE CAN'T SIT HERE AND WAIT FOR PRIMORDIALS CONTROL US."

Hera had gone very far this statement, It was quite illogical in Athena perspective, but she could notice the fire in her uncle's eyes and in Ares eyes, she could see bloodlust but that lasted for only a second because he was sane enough to realize their position. As much they hate to admit it because of their godly pride. They were weak...

But the fire in her uncle's eyes was not even diminished a bit.

" We need to send someone to bring them back."

It was a female voice, that was sure, but it was very beautiful.

It was not Athena's voice considering it was capable for their goal.