Chapter 18 The talk and goodbye

Hey guys! I am not satisfied with this chapter, I was distracted because of the tests, and yes as I have written a small author's note at the end of the chapter earth's darling, I have changed the storyline a bit please read it. please comment, Please vote. I have still given my best, this chapter was the most difficult to write till now.

Percy's eyes refused to meet him, but he was ready for what Cupid was going to say.

Percy was proved wrong, Cupid's words obviously startled him.

"Do you know why I kissed you that day." He didn't want to know the answer to the question, but as usual, his wish was disregarded.

"I was attracted to you, a sixteen years old boy." Cupid hard stare stilled Percy.

"I was the one who had dropped you on the doorstep of Sally Jackson, I had also given you a gift that day, which according to you and your friends was the worse curse anyone could get." Cupid had won, Percy's attention was fully at him." I gave you my full blessing that day, which means practically claimed you as my heir..."

Why... Percy weakly thought.

"I gave you the gift that you will attain the power of charmspeak and perfection the day you reach sixteen, mortals, goddesses even primordials will fall for you, no one can make you fall in love with themselves by any spells or other unfair means " He barely had time to realize the fact before the man spoke. " But the blessing worked out rather too well than we all predicted." He giggled. Yes, the primordial god of love son of Ares and Aphrodite, etc. not sniggered, not laughed, giggled.

Today was not Percy's day.

"You were desired by many even when you were a kid, and that too many times I must say." Percy knew what he meant by that. It was only one time but he didn't bother to correct that, it was enough for him to haunt him for the rest of his life.

The rain intensified, but neither of them moved to take shelter, Percy had enough, he had lost the will to speak, but Cupid was not done there was more to come. "What did you feet when you saw Annabeth kissing the son of Nike?." His voice was crystal clear regardless of the raging storm.

It was a different topic and the one which Percy wanted to avoid the most. He felt only the slightest hint of surprise, the question was another proof that Primordials were watching him.

Maybe they were watching them even now. When the lie was forming in his mind he caught Cupid's eyes, they dared him to lie. What was Percy supposed to say? the truth? that he had punched him in his ribs, nose until he had heard enough noise that belonged to the demigod's shattering bones. He had not felt his heart shatter in millions of tiny pieces or the boiling rage in the chest or anything else was suppose to feel at that particular moment.

He had felt absolutely nothing.

Flashback

He punched him just to quench his thirst for blood, he stopped, not because that if he delivered a few more punches home Noah would die, the reason was the presence of gods in the Camp, his howls would attract the unwanted attention.

He turned back, ignoring the vile women's wails and threats. He licked the blood on his fist. Annabeth's wails were beautiful, they were music to his ears. He started walking but soon stopped in his mid steps, as he came face to face with the two forest Nymphs and three Dryad.

He stood there dumbstruck, his eyes scanning them, they were enthralling in their own way. They didn't sprint to Dionysus, instead, they moved towards him - or more likely drifted towards him, they were holding something behind their backs, completely hidden from his view. They pulled it out.