Chapter 61

I was playing the piano in by bedroom, desperately trying to clear my head. The proposal is supposed to be in a few days and Maxon is determined to spend as much time together as possible between now and then. I still had the fear of commitment, but I've decided that I can't let fear run my life.
"Why are you so talented," Maxon says. He is standing in the doorway, I was so lost in the music and my thoughts I didn't even hear him walk up.
"I'm not that good," I say pushing the bench out and going over to him and hugging him.
"Your right, your phenomenal."
I let out a small laugh and lift my chin expectantly waiting for my kiss. He laughs and gently placed a kiss on my lips. I let go of him and we walk over and sit on my bed.
"I thought you had a meeting," I say.
"I did, but I ended it early."
"Hmm, And why is that?"
He gives me the duh face and I smile at him.
"I wanted to see you," He says. "Speaking of meetings, if we are going to get married, I'm afraid I have to fire you as an advisor."
"Wow this is a good start to our future engagement," I joke.
"Well technically, you're getting promoted." He grins at me as wide as he possibly can.
"I still don't love the idea of being Queen," I say softly.
At this his eyes go soft and he grabs my hand, "I know it's not the ideal situation, but I'm going to help you every step of the way."
"Good, because without you I would probably ruin the country."
"Possibly," he smirks and we both laugh.
"Even though Queen may not be my ideal job, it's worth it."
"What's worth it?" He asks and an amused look crossed his face.
"You obviously," I say.
"I love hearing you say that," he says. "I know this as been hard on you, but I promise I'll make it worth is for the rest of your life."
"Well then that's all I can hope for," I say. I rest my head on his shoulder and we are both silent for several moments, it was nice just to soak up each other's presence.
"I love this," I say.
"What?" He asks.
"Just being with you, spending time with you."
His face breaks into a smile as he says, "I love that too, and I love you."
"I love you too," I say and he kisses me lightly on the lips and I love being here with him.  I never imagined any of this happening, when I got sent home, I thought that was it. It's kind of weird how life works, whatever is supposed to happen will always happen no matter what obstacles are in the way.
"I talked to your Mother this morning," Maxon suddenly announces.
"Oh," I say. "What did you talk about?"
"I asked her permission to marry you," he says.
"You did?" I ask, something about that made me smile.
"I asked your Dad back during the selection, while the families were here for Halloween, but I figured I better ask again."
My heart fluttered in my chest, he had asked my Dad. Something about my Dad giving Maxon permission to marry me made me more confident in my ability to say yes.
"You asked my Dad?"
"Well I knew at that point I wanted to marry you, and I'm very traditional in getting a Fathers approval."
I'm so happy that I throw my arms around him and hold him to me.
"I love you," I whisper into his ear.
"I love you too," he says and pulls me closer. 
"I can't believe you have his permission, that makes me feel so much safer, knowing that my Dad approves."
He pulls away from me and smiles, then he gently kisses me, and I push my lips against his again wanting more than a simple kiss.
"We're going to get married aren't we?" I ask.
"I hope so," Maxon says and I kiss him again.
This story is still updating.
Does the end coming near seem to sudden?