Just Business (Chapter 4, Part 2)

The dancing, sadly, only lasted for a few more minutes before the green dude showed up again. He and Rick went somewhere, you don't know where and you were left alone. Left alone to... mingle and talk to other people at this party? Hmm... maybe later, you've been eyeing that buffet for way too long now.

The long rows of various foods made your mouth water. Some of the food was wiggling around... it looked like giant maggots in barbecue sauce, needless to say you stayed away from that. You grabbed yourself a plate and walked over to the desserts, since you just ate lunch at home. Taking something that looked like cupcakes and mini doughnuts you saw that someone near you was also looking at the colorful tiny doughnuts. She had light blue skin and light yellow eyes with glasses, long purple hair and three little antennas at the top of her head. She was wearing a form-fitting red dress and pearl accessories.

"I love your outfit!" you complimented her, "That dress looks really good on you."

"Thank you so much," she replied, "I was just thinking about how I love your outfit, I even think I have a similar one back home."

"Thank you. And where are you from?"

"Oh, that's a long story." She changed the subject, "I'm Unity, by the way."

"I'm Y/N Sanchez," you shook her hand, "lovely to meet you."

Her expression went from happy to... slightly shocked, you don't know why, "Lovely to meet you too, you're married?" she saw the ring on your hand.

"Oh yes," you looked at the ring and spoke proudly, "me and my husband R-"

"Hey, babe." The low rumble of Rick's voice startled you slightly when he came from behind you and wrapped his arm around you.

"Oh hey, you're back." You saw that he was looking at the woman in front of you with held back anger, you ignored it for now and tried to be polite, "Unity, this is my husband Rick... Rick this is Uni-"

"I know who that is, we've met." Rick spoke in a monotone voice, made you worry a little.

"Hey, Rick." Unity spoke calmly, with a tiny smile on her face, "I see you've moved on. I'm happy for you."

"Yeah, thanks." His sharp tone of voice could cut through metal.

Because your head was leaning on his chest you felt his raging heartbeat, "Rick, are you okay? What's wrong?" you whispered.

"I... should get going now." Unity started walking away, "Take care of yourself, Y/N."

Rick watched her walk away with a death stare, "Rick, look at me." You placed your hand on his cheek, he met your gaze and his expression fell sad, "What's wrong, honey?"

"Just... an ex. It didn't end well." 

"I'm sorry." you spoke softly.

"It's fine." He took your hand, "Now... I have you."

"Oh stop it." You blushed, "You done with your business?" you took a bite of your sweets.

"Almost, just gotta wait a little longer." He looked at you enjoying your doughnuts and smiled to himself, "Oh wait, you gotta dip the doughnuts in the chocolate fountain." He took one off of your plate and walked over to the fountain.

"Oh damn." You awed at the thicc chocolate covering the doughnut.

-

You enjoyed spending time with him, talking about anything and everything. Time just flew by, what was hours spent on that planet, felt like mere moments. Days must've been shorter on that planet because it got dark pretty quickly. The roof of the round building opened somewhat like an observatory and the night sky was embellished with countless gleaming stars. The diamond chandelier, you just noticed, wasn't hanging from the ceiling, but it was just floating on its own. Reflected light of the crystals made the whole room look like the night sky.

You were mesmerized by the whole thing and the orchestra switching to a calming and romantic tone. Rick's fake cough got your attention and you noticed he extended his hand to you, "Can we finish what we started?"

Taking his hand and letting him lead you to the dance floor, you let yourself enjoy every moment of the slow dance. You don't know how long it's going to last, so you wanted to appreciate it as much as you could.

With your head resting on his chest, you moved slowly to the rhythm. One of his hands held yours and the other was gently placed on your waist.

He moved away from you a little, so he could look you in the eyes. Cupping your face with his warm hands he closed the gap between you and kissed your bottom lip. You wrapped your arms around him lovingly, never wanting it to end.

Your sweet moment was interrupted by the sound of deafening gunshots and the chandelier breaking and shattering. Bits and pieces of it flew everywhere, some of it hitting you and making a cut on your arm. The whole room went dark, the orchestra fell silent. Everyone panicked and started running around trying to get out of the building. Little did they know, the front door was locked, so were all the other doors.