Vacation and Relaxation (Chapter 6, Part 9)

The ship finally took off and soon you were out of the planet's orbit. You looked out the big window into the endless void of space. The countless stars and planets spinning around them made you fell so small.

"Who were those guys that tried to kill us?" Summer's voice pulled you out of your thoughts.

"They were really, really mean guys." Rick put his empty tray on the table.

"That- that doesn't tell me anything." she sighed.

"Remember the space mafia we told you about a while ago?" you spoke, "That was the last of them. I hope."

Morty thought for a moment, "How exactly did they know where we were?"

You shrugged, "Someone told them, we don't know who. Maybe someone or something is spying on us and carefully orchestrating a plan of some sort..."

"To do what?" Beth asked.

"We can only assume." you looked at your cross-eyed boyfriend, "Maybe to... kill him? Frame him? Take revenge for something?"

Rick looked at the ground, "Aww... I don't wanna get killed... I wanna live forever now that I have youuu!" He pulled a little lever and the armrest between the two of you went down into the seat so there was no barrier. He then made himself comfortable by lying down and placing his head in your lap, "I can't wait to move in with you."

"I'm sorry- What?" Beth laughed awkwardly, "What do you mean 'move in with her'?"

"Oh god," you whispered and met Rick's gaze, "you didn't tell them?"

"Noo... I did not." He looked at his daughter, "Oops."

"Is there something I should know about?" Beth smiled, but you could tell she wasn't too keen on the idea.

"Uh..." you panicked on the inside, "Let's talk about it when Rick's back to normal... he can't even think straight when he's high on the synaptic dampener."

"Of course I can," he drooled again and you grabbed a tissue, "Y/N, y-y-you're the most beautiful thing- I've ever seen in my entire li- "

You covered his mouth with your hand so you wouldn't get kicked out of the ship for disturbing the peace with his yelling, "See? Totally out of it." You smiled, "Not a clue what he's talking about."

-

The rest of the flight was silent, only the noises of engines and the pilot announcing the stations. No one said a word and Rick fell asleep in your lap. You didn't mind, you found it very adorable. The kids and Jerry were also on the edge of falling asleep, but Beth was awake and in thought. She looked bothered by, what you could only assume, the thought of you stealing her father from him. This is exactly what you feared would happen.

A voice was heard from the speakers, "Solar system: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune."

"That's us." You spoke and everyone stood up, "Rick, Honey, wake up. We're here." You shook him lightly.

He stood up with a groan and took your hand as he led everyone to a car-sized pod. You got in and he pushed a few buttons before the pod went flying away from the cruise-ship and straight to Earth. It landed in front of the Smith's house and the doors opened.

"You okay?" you asked Rick when you stepped out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The fucking dampener finally wore off." He rubbed his head with his hand and blinked a couple of times, "Do you want me to drive you home?"

"It's okay Rick," you whispered to him while glancing at his daughter, "I can walk, it's not a problem. I think you guys have a few things you need to talk about." You then said your goodbyes to the family and soon were on your way home.

"Daaad...." Beth stepped closer to him.

"What is it?" He turned to her.

"When were you planning on telling me that you're moving in with her?" Beth asked with a stern voice.

"Is that a problem?" Rick narrowed his eyes. Jerry and the kids didn't want to listen to them so they quickly went inside.

"Why would it be a problem?" she spoke sarcastically, "You can just came back into my life like you hadn't been gone for decades and then you can just move away with the first girl you meet, like I never meant anything to you. That's not a problem at all!"

"Beth, for the love of- I'm not... I'm not leaving you or anyone else. Okay? I'm just moving my things from one garage to another and spending the nights with- with someone who... loves me and... cares. Instead of spending them in the sad excuse of a bedroom I have now. I will still come over frequently, will still take Morty and Summer on adventures... I'll just be happier... I guess."

"So you really love her?" Beth whispered.

"I... I do. And Y/N told me about how she felt about being all alone in her house and- and I suggested she moves in with us, but she didn't want to feel like a burden to anyone so... then I suggested I move in with her, y'know? I- I figured it wouldn't be a problem since her house is a short walk away and you guys could come over whenever you'd feel like it." He sighed, "Plus I thought... about a certain someone telling me something about not passing an opportunity to be happy..."

She thought for a few moments, "Okay. You're right... You're right! I'm just being a bitch. I'm sorry, Dad."

Rick extended his arms for her and she gladly embraced him, "Thank you, Beth." 

Note: I'll be gone for 3 weeks! So don't miss me too much lol ❤❤